Author Topic: The Continental U.S. just set it’s Coldest-Ever October Temperature, Breaking the1917 Record  (Read 593 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Electroverse by Cap Allon 10/29/2019

The western U.S. was blasted by a yet ANOTHER brutal Arctic air mass yesterday, Oct 28, with this one delivering the COLDEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES.

Peter Sinks, Utah –east of Logan– broke the Lower-48’s cold temperature record for the month of October on Monday morning with a staggering reading of minus 35 degrees.

The area is known for it’s cold temperatures thanks to its high elevation (8,164 ft) as well as its unique topography, said Chicago meteorologist Tom Skilling.

More: https://electroverse.net/the-continental-u-s-just-set-its-coldest-ever-october-temperature/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's a balmy 12 above here in NW ND right now. Nice Fall weather....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I blame it all on Global Warming.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Don't know about records but I do know that I can never recall it freezing here on Halloween before this year in my 71+ years.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien