Author Topic: Hillary says Mark Zuckerberg should ‘pay a price for what he is doing to our democracy’ over Faceboo  (Read 236 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
She placing blame yet again for her loss.  She is however, correct that entities like Facebook and Google have the ability to influence elections; except she is wrong in the fact that they are influencing in order for the GOP to win.  Quite the opposite.  Nice try Hillary.

Hillary says Mark Zuckerberg should ‘pay a price for what he is doing to our democracy’ over Facebook fact-check policy

Failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton recently voiced her frustrations about Facebook’s effect on elections by saying that the company’s CEO should “pay a price for what he is doing to our democracy.”

The statement was made at a documentary screening in New York in response to a recent decision by the company not to fact-check politicians’ ads on the platform, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

At the event, Clinton was asked whether or not it was possible to have a “free and fair” election with the company’s current policy in place.

“I doubt it,” Clinton answered. “Propaganda works. People act like, ‘Oh, I wouldn’t be influenced.’ That is just baloney. If you are the recipient of how many billions of ads that come across your Facebook feed, you are going to be affected because negative information has a lasting effect.”

At a recent hearing before the House of Representatives, Zuckerberg defended the the decision, saying that “it is important that people can see for themselves what politicians are saying.” Zuckerberg also took criticism from screenwriter Aaron Sorkin over the policy last week; the CEO responded with some of Sorkin’s own words about free speech from the movie “The American President.”

The Hollywood Reporter story goes on to say that the former secretary of state praised Twitter’s decision to not run paid political ads before commenting on Facebook’s supposed damage to the Democratic process.

This isn’t the first time that Clinton has criticized Facebook’s effect on an election. In fact, the platform’s influence on voters is one of the very long list of factors she’s since blamed for her loss to Donald Trump in 2016................

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/hillary-says-mark-zuckerberg-pay-price-democracy-facebook-fact-check-policy/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She placing blame yet again for her loss.  She is however, correct that entities like Facebook and Google have the ability to influence elections; except she is wrong in the fact that they are influencing in order for the GOP to win.  Quite the opposite.  Nice try Hillary.

Hillary says Mark Zuckerberg should ‘pay a price for what he is doing to our democracy’ over Facebook fact-check policy

Failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton recently voiced her frustrations about Facebook’s effect on elections by saying that the company’s CEO should “pay a price for what he is doing to our democracy.”

The statement was made at a documentary screening in New York in response to a recent decision by the company not to fact-check politicians’ ads on the platform, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

At the event, Clinton was asked whether or not it was possible to have a “free and fair” election with the company’s current policy in place.

“I doubt it,” Clinton answered. “Propaganda works. People act like, ‘Oh, I wouldn’t be influenced.’ That is just baloney. If you are the recipient of how many billions of ads that come across your Facebook feed, you are going to be affected because negative information has a lasting effect.”

At a recent hearing before the House of Representatives, Zuckerberg defended the the decision, saying that “it is important that people can see for themselves what politicians are saying.” Zuckerberg also took criticism from screenwriter Aaron Sorkin over the policy last week; the CEO responded with some of Sorkin’s own words about free speech from the movie “The American President.”

The Hollywood Reporter story goes on to say that the former secretary of state praised Twitter’s decision to not run paid political ads before commenting on Facebook’s supposed damage to the Democratic process.

This isn’t the first time that Clinton has criticized Facebook’s effect on an election. In fact, the platform’s influence on voters is one of the very long list of factors she’s since blamed for her loss to Donald Trump in 2016................

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/hillary-says-mark-zuckerberg-pay-price-democracy-facebook-fact-check-policy/

ROFLMAO!

Like Hitlery loves democracy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!