Author Topic: Leading GOP Lawmakers (Cruz,Grahm,Cheney) to Trump: You’re Getting Bad Advice on Iran  (Read 348 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Leading GOP Lawmakers to Trump: You’re Getting Bad Advice on Iran
Adam Kredo

Three of the leading anti-Iran voices in Congress have joined together to warn President Donald Trump that he is being given bad advice on Iran, according to a joint statement provided to the Washington Free Beacon that demands the administration stop issuing sanctions waivers permitting Iran to continue sensitive nuclear work.

The Free Beacon first reported on Monday that Senators Ted Cruz (R., Texas) and Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.) and Rep. Liz Cheney (R., Wyo.) have teamed up to forward legislation that will mandate the Trump administration stop granting Iran with sanctions exceptions that have allowed work to take place at several contested nuclear sites, including an underground bunker that once housed the regime’s atomic weapons program.

Cheney is introducing the legislation in the House, while Cruz and Graham are working on a parallel version in the Senate.

Read more at: https://freebeacon.com/national-security/leading-gop-lawmakers-to-trump-youre-getting-bad-advice-on-iran/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Henry Rodgers
Capitol Hill Reporter
November 05, 2019 5:21 PM ET

Top GOP lawmakers released a statement Tuesday rebuking President Donald Trump on Iran, asking him to stop permitting nuclear work in the country and even vowing to take action.

Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, and Republican Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney sent a letter to the president, calling him out for giving Iran sanctions exceptions and also giving the president advice as to how to proceed moving forward, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

“These waivers dangerously increase the risk of proliferation and whoever is advising President Trump otherwise is doing a disservice to him and the country,” the Republican lawmakers said in the joint statement. “Instead, there are two actions the president should take immediately to tear up the nuclear deal once and for all. First, end these waivers. Second, he should order our diplomats to invoke the United Nations snapback to restore international sanctions and restrictions on Iran.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/05/cruz-graham-cheney-publicly-rebuke-trump-on-iran/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well I would say Thank God for checks and balances.  But I will have to wait to see if any one of these changes their tune once Trump lets them know they will be publicly humiliated at his rallies.  Or on twitter.

Everyone knows that this is the Donald Trump party now and you don't question his "unmatched wisdom".
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:28:47 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

If he gets any advise at all or relies on his own "unmatched wisdom".
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If he gets any advise at all or relies on his own "unmatched wisdom".

Advice.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Advice.
Trump and the Immoral Minority of Elites vs. Silent Majority of Taxpayers on Criminal Justice

Hey thanks I really need you.