Author Topic: Report: Trump makes SEAL Gallagher a chief again  (Read 332 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Trump makes SEAL Gallagher a chief again
« on: November 04, 2019, 06:59:07 pm »
Report: Trump makes SEAL Gallagher a chief again
By: Navy Times staff   4 hours ago

President Donald J. Trump has decided to restore convicted SEAL Edward Gallagher’s pay grade to chief petty officer, overriding a decision last week by the Navy’s top admiral, both Navy Times and Fox News learned.

Although naval officials and Navy Times discussed Trump’s looming decision on Sunday, it was announced on the morning Fox and Friends show by network contributor Pete Hegseth, who said he spoke directly with the president about intervening in three war crimes cases.

A week before Veterans Day, Trump’s move clears the way to free Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance, who was convicted on a pair of murder charges for ordering his platoon to shoot and kill three Afghan men on a motorcycle in 2012 and is serving a 20-year sentence at the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth.

more
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/11/04/report-trump-makes-seal-gallagher-a-chief-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Report: Trump makes SEAL Gallagher a chief again
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 07:16:47 pm »
 :yowsa: Hallelujah!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 12:35:11 am »
More from Navy Times:

It also is poised to end the prosecution of Green Beret Maj. Matthew Golsteyn, who is accused of executing a suspected Taliban bomb maker in Helmand Province nine years ago.

“This president recognizes the injustice of it,” Hegseth said during the broadcast. “You train someone to go fight and kill the enemy. Then they go kill the enemy the way someone doesn’t like, and then we put them in jail or we throw the book at them.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 03:25:57 am »
I keep telling everybody that Trump,even with all his warts,IS the man we need in the WH right now. This is just more proof of it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 12:08:05 pm »
Even after the CNO threw out the charges of murder because of a corrupt prosecution team, he still had to get digs in somehow.  The Navy has a long history of throwing people off the stern. 00000swimming

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 01:41:41 pm »
Even after the CNO threw out the charges of murder because of a corrupt prosecution team, he still had to get digs in somehow.  The Navy has a long history of throwing people off the stern. 00000swimming

@rangerrebew

I grew up in Virginia Beach,Va,and went to school with a lot of "Navy kids". There are no bigger backstabbing bastards in the world than Naval officers. They make teen girls look like rank amateurs by comparison. I never even considered joining the Navy once when planning on enlisting.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!