Author Topic: PBS Frontline Documentary a Good Example of Media Transforming Facts to Fit Their Narrative  (Read 341 times)

rangerrebew

PBS Frontline Documentary a Good Example of Media Transforming Facts to Fit Their Narrative

By John Miano on October 30, 2019

I rarely write about the illegal immigration problem. The immigration system is so screwed up that the government's abuse of the American people through guestworker programs keeps me nearly totally occupied.

However, a reader alerted me to the recent PBS Frontline documentary, "Zero Tolerance". The actual documentary has little value except to provide fuel to stoke the anti-Trump hatred of Huffington Post readers. However, the Frontline editors did make a valuable contribution by providing raw footage of interviews conducted for the documentary. Watching the interviews before watching the documentary will give you a good idea of how the elite media transforms the facts to fit their narrative.

Frontline posted 38 interviews in all, some as transcripts only, but 16 of them included video, most of which are about an hour long (including the interview with CIS Executive Director Mark Krikorian). Getting through them all takes an investment in time. Most of the interviews are easy to get through, many start slowly and then pick up as the interviewee gets comfortable, a few are quite tiring, and one is a nonstop whine.

https://cis.org/Miano/PBS-Frontline-Documentary-Good-Example-Media-Transforming-Facts-Fit-Their-Narrative

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I try to watch "Frontline" when the subject is something that interests me,but it's a tough row to hoe. The leftist bias is so strong you would think it was produced in Moscow in the 1950's.

I watch is to be reminded of how the enemy works in the background,as well as to remind me they are still there. Leftism is NOT about politics with these yahoos. To them it is a religion. They will never give up and like all religious zealots,they will never even admit to the POSSIBILITY that they MIGHT be wrong.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I won't watch PBS any more.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I won't watch PBS any more.

@Fishrrman

Your loss. You are paying for it anyhow,and there is nothing on tv that beats their Masterpiece Theater series. Not to mention stuff like Luther,Dr Who,anything with Helen Mirren,etc,etc,etc. LOTS of people like their comedy series,but I just don't get British humor. Benny Hill just left me bewildered instead of laughing.

Then there are programs like Nova and other science series.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 12:28:09 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!