Author Topic: Trump’s move to Florida could run into resistance from New York  (Read 906 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNBC by Darla Mercado 11/1/2019

Trump’s move to Florida could run into resistance from New York

Key Points

•   President Donald says he and his family will make Palm Beach, Florida, their permanent residence, parting ways with New York.
•   Perhaps the biggest upside to moving to the Sunshine State is that it’s one of seven states that don’t levy personal income taxes. Florida also has no estate tax.
•   New York, a high-tax state, could contest the move.

President Donald Trump is making his move to Florida official.

His home state of New York may not let him go without a fight.

The president, a native of the Queens borough, tweeted on Thursday night that he and his family will be making Palm Beach, Florida, their permanent residence.

“I cherish New York, and the people of New York, and always will,” Trump tweeted.

“But unfortunately, despite the fact I pay millions of dollars in city, state and local taxes each year, I have been treated very badly by the political leaders of both the city and state,” he wrote.

More: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/01/why-president-trumps-move-from-new-york-to-florida-could-hit-a-wall.html

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Trump’s move to Florida could run into resistance from New York
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 10:01:33 am »
Thanks @Elderberry

More one this (background) can be found here

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,380983.0.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 12:13:37 pm »
Yep. I posted that one too. happy77

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 11:10:15 pm »
The article states the  New York, a high-tax state, could contest the move.  Explain how?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 11:20:51 pm »
The article states the  New York, a high-tax state, could contest the move.  Explain how??

Lots of information can be found here:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-23/trapped-in-new-york-salt-cap-haters-find-moving-isn-t-that-easy

@libertybele

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 03:01:15 pm »

From R_i_V's article:

There are two main hurdles for New York residents looking to flee. The first is the domicile test, which requires proof that a resident moved to a new home with no intention of coming back. Submitting a change-of-address form alone isn’t enough, nor is obtaining a new driver’s license or registering to vote in a new district, though checking those boxes is still important.

Instead, New York tax collectors look at five factors: homes that are owned, how time is spent, where favorite possessions are kept -– the so-called “teddy bear test” -- and business activities and family ties. Potential relocators are finding they can’t just buy a one-bedroom condo in South Beach, but leave behind a 20-room palace in Westchester County, or kids in a Manhattan private school.

Former New Yorkers must meet another test as well, called the 183-day rule, if they move but then hold onto a home in New York state. They must prove that they haven’t spent more than 183 days per year in the state. The rules are strict: Any days without proof can be counted as a day in New York, and even a second inside the state’s borders can count as a whole day.

IMO, states that pull that kind of crap on "the rich" but not on ordinary people are ripe for an Equal Protection lawsuit.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 03:19:48 pm »
From R_i_V's article:

IMO, states that pull that kind of crap on "the rich" but not on ordinary people are ripe for an Equal Protection lawsuit.

And they are IMO flirting with RICO too.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 03:22:04 pm »

That was my question too.  A state from keeping you from moving?   Only in the socialst state of NY.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 03:23:36 pm »
From R_i_V's article:

IMO it a matter of time before they start pulling this crap on average people. Its how commies roll.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 03:26:24 pm »
Lots of information can be found here:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-23/trapped-in-new-york-salt-cap-haters-find-moving-isn-t-that-easy

@libertybele

Your article basically states that the state of NY has the power of the IRS.  That's funny.  If I was Trump I'd move lock, stock, and barrel, and tell the NY Dept of Taxation of what ever they call themselves to go pound sand with their subpoenas, audit requests, etc.  Even if it meant sellling all NY properties.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 03:27:14 pm »
Trump is moving to get away from the weaponized gov of both the city of New York and the state gov of New York. I
think this has more to do with the move than the taxes.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 03:33:58 pm »
Trump is moving to get away from the weaponized gov of both the city of New York and the state gov of New York. I
think this has more to do with the move than the taxes.

You're probably right. The NY Southern District Court and its Obama appointees has taken it upon itself to bury Trump.