Author Topic: Trump primary challengers to be excluded from Minnesota ballot  (Read 483 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump primary challengers to be excluded from Minnesota ballot
« on: November 01, 2019, 03:41:17 pm »
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/468307-trump-primary-challengers-to-be-excluded-from-minnesota-ballot

President Trump's Republican presidential challengers will be excluded from Minnesota's primary ballot, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported Thursday.

Trump's name was the only one listed on the Republican Party of Minnesota's letter to the Minnesota Secretary of State's Office outlining its "determination of candidates” for the primary ballot, according to the newspaper.

This means that former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld (R), former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) and former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford (R) were not listed in the Oct. 24 letter from state party chairwoman Jennifer Carnahan.

A spokesman for the Secretary of State's Office told the Star Tribune that while parties are allowed to request a space for write-in candidates or for voters to choose that delegates to the national convention are uncommitted, the party did not do so.

more at link...

I doesn't matter.  Trump ain't gonna win Minnesota anyways.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Trump primary challengers to be excluded from Minnesota ballot
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 07:33:59 pm »
Totally wrong (the state R party's action).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 07:39:21 pm »
Totally wrong (the state R party's action).
Maybe but understandable in an open primary state and given the rats generally insane hatred for Trump.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:41:20 pm by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 07:41:03 pm »
Maybe but understandable in an open primary state.

No, it's not.
It's flat wrong.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 07:41:38 pm »
No, it's not.
It's flat wrong.

Says you.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 07:44:43 pm »
Says you.
Says me too.  It's as wrong as wrong can be.  The whole point of registering as a party member is to be able to vote in the primary.   There are four announced GOP candidates, and the Minnesota GOP isn't going to hold a primary?   That shows zero respect for the rank and file.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 07:46:32 pm »
Says me too.  It's as wrong as wrong can be.  The whole point of registering as a party member is to be able to vote in the primary.   There are four announced GOP candidates, and the Minnesota GOP isn't going to hold a primary?   That shows zero respect for the rank and file.   

Right. I'm sure all those who've made it crystal clear that they'd rather have someone else in office would say so as well.

If the primaries were closed to GOP voters only I might agree. But they are not and I don't.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 07:52:54 pm »
Says you.

Yeah. It's this thing we used to have called fair play.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 07:57:33 pm »
Yeah. It's this thing we used to have called fair play.

Got nothing to do with fair play. Trump will be the nominee, Bill Weld will not.

Actually I'm heartened. GOP seems like they actually want to win

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 07:59:21 pm »
Got nothing to do with fair play.

Well you got that much right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 08:08:36 pm »
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/468307-trump-primary-challengers-to-be-excluded-from-minnesota-ballot

I doesn't matter.  Trump ain't gonna win Minnesota anyways.
@Once-Ler

And none of those losers are going to get more than 5 percent of the vote anywhere but Mn and Ca.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 08:09:57 pm »
No, it's not.
It's flat wrong.

@roamer_1

You're just pissy because you want Trump to lose at least one primary.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 08:15:52 pm »
@roamer_1

You're just pissy because you want Trump to lose at least one primary.

@sneakypete
Nope. That I am against Tumpy is because I am *FOR* Conservatism.
But this really has nothing to do with that. It has to do with fair play... And the lack thereof is the reason I left the Republicans back in 07.

But as it touches Tump, it's a chickensh*t move.

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 08:20:05 pm »
He just may take MN, he came close in '16.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/10/10/here-are-three-scenarios-where-trump-wins-minnesota/
@libertybele
Maybe :pondering: Do you think Trump is stronger today than he was in 2016?  I doubt it.
If you do think he's stronger I'd love to know why?

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 08:46:52 pm »
@libertybele
Maybe :pondering: Do you think Trump is stronger today than he was in 2016?  I doubt it.
If you do think he's stronger I'd love to know why?

Do I think he's stronger as far as broadening his base? Hard to judge.  I supported Cruz.  I don't consider myself a Trump supporter, yet at this point in time I would vote for him because he's done well with the economy and has drastically reduced unemployment. He has displayed patriotism, unlike the last administration and he has made an attempt to build the wall. He has exposed the lunacy of the leftists.  Has he fulfilled all of his promises?  No.  He's also done some things to really make me question him and I most certainly have reservations about his 2nd term as he will have no new voters to win over and doesn't have to worry about maintaining his base.  I have no doubt that the left has been out to bury him since he was sworn in and that counts for something.  He must be doing what they don't want him to do.

With all that being stated, I don't think that he is any stronger but I also don't think his support is any weaker.  Watch one of his rallies and I think you just might agree.

Because of the lack of 'sane' DEMS running, he just may win be a landslide.  Hard to tell though at this point.  I believe a Warren/Castro ticket has the best chance of winning against him, or if Michael Obama decides to jump into the race, I see her as potentially beating him as well.

Ask me again 6 months from now, when there's a better picture of whether or not he has a clear path to victory.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 08:58:46 pm »
With all that being stated, I don't think that he is any stronger but I also don't think his support is any weaker.  Watch one of his rallies and I think you just might agree.
I have watched several rallies and I do agree he still pulls a strong devoted crowd.  Thanks for your reply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 09:14:36 pm »
The Party defending an incumbent very frequently cancel their Presidential Primaries.  The Dems canceled a lot in 1996 and 2012, and nobody's feathers got all ruffled.  The GOP did the same in 2004 and 1988.

These are "Special Elections" to the States, with just one issue on the ballots.  Both Parties consider these Preference Polls a waste of money when there is an Incumbent.  Weld and Sanford have less than zero chance of winning in AZ.  In 2020, we switched from an Election to a Caucus, so it's not like Weld and Sanford are SOL.  They can still earn Delegates to the Convention in AZ.

The regular Primaries for all the other offices are all in late Summer/early Autumn, so there are no down-ticket politicians getting screwed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 09:17:21 pm »
The Party defending an incumbent very frequently cancel their Presidential Primaries.  The Dems canceled a lot in 1996 and 2012, and nobody's feathers got all ruffled.  The GOP did the same in 2004 and 1988.

These are "Special Elections" to the States, with just one issue on the ballots.  Both Parties consider these Preference Polls a waste of money when there is an Incumbent.  Weld and Sanford have less than zero chance of winning in AZ.  In 2020, we switched from an Election to a Caucus, so it's not like Weld and Sanford are SOL.  They can still earn Delegates to the Convention in AZ.

The regular Primaries for all the other offices are all in late Summer/early Autumn, so there are no down-ticket politicians getting screwed.

But TRUMP.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 09:20:56 pm »
But TRUMP.

Yes, I left that part out.  2020 needs special rules not followed in previous elections, because Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 10:33:41 pm »
Yes, I left that part out.  2020 needs special rules not followed in previous elections, because Trump.

@Cyber Liberty

It's amazing how an outsider who never even ran for public office before can come in,win an election,and upset EVERYBODY's apple carts to the point that even the seasoned pols are as hysterical as teenage girls,ain't it?

All this tell me that Trump,even with all his shortcomings,was EXACTLY  the candidate we needed. We finally have someone in the White House the Professional Party People don't have a handle on.

It is no longer "business as usual in DC".