Author Topic: 'No further discussion': Talks halt between whistleblower lawyers and Schiff staff amid expectation  (Read 512 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'No further discussion': Talks halt between whistleblower lawyers and Schiff staff amid expectation he won’t testify
Washington Examiner, Oct 31, 2019

The whistleblower whose complaint launched impeachment proceedings against President Trump is unlikely to testify to Congress, as talks have ceased between his legal team and committee leaders.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, who has overseen depositions in Democrats' impeachment proceeding, was initially eager for the whistleblower to testify before citing concern about the person being identified.

Republicans accuse Schiff, a California Democrat, of changing course to prevent inquiries into his staff's dealings with the whistleblower before he filed his Aug. 12 complaint to the Intelligence Community inspector general.

A source familiar with the discussions told the Washington Examiner that talks halted over potential testimony from the whistleblower and there is no discussion of testimony from a second whistleblower, who supported the first's claims.

“There is no indication that either of the original whistleblowers will be called to testify or appear before the Senate or House Intelligence committees. There is no further discussion ongoing between the legal team and the committees,” the person said.

More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/no-further-discussion-talks-halt-between-whistleblower-lawyers-and-schiff-staff-amid-expectation-he-wont-testify

“There is no indication that either of the original whistleblowers will be called to testify or appear before the Senate or House Intelligence committees. There is no further discussion ongoing between the legal team and the committees,” the person said.

How the hell is this even possible?   9999hair out0000

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How the hell is this even possible?   9999hair out0000

The Rats are finished using them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Face down the Dems' stagecraft. Subpoena the suspected leakblower and ask him, under oath, if he is the leakblower.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Whistleblowers’ not expected to testify as talks between legal team and Schiff staff reportedly cease
November 1, 2019 | Frieda Powers

The whistleblower who sparked the impeachment frenzy against President Trump will likely not be testifying before Congress.

Talks between the whistleblower’s legal team and Rep. Adam Schiff’s staff have ceased, and the second whistleblower who backed the claims by the first will also not be testifying, according to a report Thursday by the Washington Examiner.

“There is no indication that either of the original whistleblowers will be called to testify or appear before the Senate or House Intelligence committees. There is no further discussion ongoing between the legal team and the committees,” a source familiar with the discussions told the newspaper.

Republicans have complained that Schiff has been blocking any questions into how his staff has been dealing with the whistleblower who filed a complaint to the Intelligence Community inspector general in August about Trump’s July phone call with the Ukraine president. The House Intelligence Committee chairman had previously said he looked forward to the whistleblower’s testimony and asserted “We need to speak with the whistleblower” in a statement in September.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/11/01/whistleblowers-not-expected-to-testify-as-talks-between-legal-team-and-schiff-staff-reportedly-cease-846818
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No whistleblower.  No impeachment. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Don't be so sure. I've already heard some 'coverup' horsesh*t.

You know how rats roll.

Face down the Dems' stagecraft. Subpoena the suspected leakblower and ask him, under oath, if he is the leakblower.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

Logically, yes,  but the DEMS are making up the rules of impeachment as they go along.  One way or another they are going to impeach him and IMHO if they weren't confident that the Senate and Roberts were going to vote to remove him, they wouldn't be doing this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Since we know the name of at least one whistleblower is there some reason Spkr McConnell and Sen Graham can't subpoena him under a Senate committee right now?

under the new rules the House Republicans can request subpoenas too, so I don't see how the whistleblowers don't testify.  I'll be disappointed if they don't.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It is impossible for people who do not exist to testify anywhere.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

It is impossible for people who do not exist to testify anywhere.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,380847.0.html
BREAKING: New Report Identifies Whistleblower as CIA Analyst Eric Ciaramella

Is Paul Sperry part of the conspiracy to take down Trump?

Now that you know the name, you should understand why Schiff cannot put him under oath and testify. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Once again - I'm typing slow just for you @Once-Ler - he IS NOT a "whistleblower" in any commonly understood sense of that word.  He IS a part, a coconspirator if you like, of the ongoing effort to undo the 2016 presidential election.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Once again - I'm typing slow just for you @Once-Ler - he IS NOT a "whistleblower" in any commonly understood sense of that word.  He IS a part, a coconspirator if you like, of the ongoing effort to undo the 2016 presidential election.

:thumbsup:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Who holds the authority, to order an operative, to listen to a confidential call, including the Potus and a foreign person?

Written Order? Verbal order? Witnessed by whom?

Legal order?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Now that you know the name, you should understand why Schiff cannot put him under oath and testify.

That's right - he was a CIA mole in the White House, and clear evidence of the deep state's animus toward the President.   He puts a face and a name to Trump's charge that nefarioius actors have been out to get him from the beginning. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

@Bigun
Thanks for typing it slowly.  I didn't know your definition of "whistleblower."  Now I understand.  I'm gonna keep referring to him as the whistleblower because everybody else is, but feel free to post your definition again if you see me post the word.

I understand Schiff may not want that, but I think the people want to hear from him.  I wanna know why McConnell and Graham can't subpoena him.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Bigun
HE'S NOT A WHISTLEBLOWER!!!

am I doing that right?

I'm pretty sure you know what "Faux" means....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
faux
[fō]
ADJECTIVE
made in imitation; artificial.
"a string of faux pearls" · [more]
synonyms:
imaginary · imagined · pretended · make-believe · made-up · fantasy · fantasized · fancied · dream · dreamed-up · unreal · fanciful · invented · fictitious · fictive · mythical · [more]
not genuine; fake or false.
"their faux concern for the well-being of the voters didn't fool many"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

I'm pretty sure you know what "Faux" means....
I honestly read past that word in my zeal to present my punch line.  Nevermind @Bigun .

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Forget political parties/politics - consider any whistleblower whose information will cause trouble for millions of people one way or another - if the whistleblower name is released, his/her life may/will be in danger and maybe for the rest of his/her life.  I am for not releasing the name.

IF it is CIA Analyst Eric Ciaramella, as long as that name is not legally identified as the person, he is likely safe in his person.  Should he be legally identified in this proceeding, his life is not safe now and forever.