Author Topic: WS Game Seven: One for the road. And, the ages.  (Read 2447 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: WS Game Seven: One for the road. And, the ages.
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 10:35:32 pm »
:beer:

It's surreal.    Haven't come down yet.    :laugh:
@DCPatriot

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 11:13:00 pm »

It's surreal.    Haven't come down yet.    :laugh:

Don't come down for a while.  You deserve this!

I only wish the Indians hadn't been on the wrong side of Game 7 in 2016.......... but I can pretend I know how you're feeling right now!

The World Series is THE sports event.  Nothing better than winning it.  Not even the Super Bowl!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2019, 12:08:38 am »
I join the many voices that appreciate all that you do to make the baseball season more exciting, more educational, and more FUN for us, @EasyAce !!

⚾️

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2019, 12:25:11 am »
I join the many voices that appreciate all that you do to make the baseball season more exciting, more educational, and more FUN for us, @EasyAce !!

⚾️
@EdJames

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2019, 12:29:59 am »

⚾️

I watched every Astros game, since the Yankees series, but none were complete until I came here and read the @EasyAce analysis.   
   Such a Jewel here at TBR....Thank You for all your musing, my Friend.      :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2019, 12:42:11 am »
  Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Congratulations to the Washington Nationals on a great season and an incredible World Series. Game 7 was amazing! @Nationals

9:49 PM - 30 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1189766430826344449

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2019, 01:42:58 am »
   I watched every Astros game, since the Yankees series, but none were complete until I came here and read the @EasyAce analysis.   
   Such a Jewel here at TBR....Thank You for all your musing, my Friend.      :beer:
@corbe
You're welcome!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2019, 12:13:32 pm »

True, I'd watch the games then come see what @EasyAce would write about them.
@EasyAce, are you going to have a hot stove thread?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2019, 12:49:55 pm »
Congrats to the Nats.   I was on record from the start of the playoffs that I thought the Nats would take it.  After spring turned to summer, they've been the best team in baseball,  with stellar starting pitching,  a line-up without a weakness, and bench bats like game 7 hero Howie Kendrick (who's long been one of my very favorite players).   

Now the next step is for the Phillies to sign Rendon to team up again with Harper.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2019, 02:51:06 pm »
True, I'd watch the games then come see what @EasyAce would write about them.
@EasyAce, are you going to have a hot stove thread?
@GrouchoTex
I'll be writing on the hot stove season and other off-season things steadily too!

I just need a couple of days to a) decompress from the postseason and b) get rid of a flu that crept into me on Thursday. (Just because you get a flu shot doesn't mean there isn't another strain that can sneak in sometimes . . . )

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2019, 02:57:58 pm »
@GrouchoTex
I'll be writing on the hot stove season and other off-season things steadily too!

I just need a couple of days to a) decompress from the postseason and b) get rid of a flu that crept into me on Thursday. (Just because you get a flu shot doesn't mean there isn't another strain that can sneak in sometimes . . . )

I have taken two flu shots in my life about thirty years apart. Both nearly killed me so there will never be a third @EasyAce.  I look forward to your reporting of offseason happenings.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2019, 06:08:58 pm »
I have taken two flu shots in my life about thirty years apart. Both nearly killed me so there will never be a third @EasyAce.  I look forward to your reporting of offseason happenings.
Might want to reconsider that.  Up until about five years ago I never had a flu shot.  And every year at some point I'd come down with the flu, usually after visiting the grandkids who always seemed to have something,  and be miserable for a week or so.
Since getting the flu shots starting five years ago, I haven't been sick with the flu one single day. I've caught a few colds, but I'll take that over getting the flu.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2019, 06:34:45 pm »
@Bigun

I let my doctor convince me to have the flu shot. I'm better off with the flu, mine usually don't last more than two days when I do get one every couple of years.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 06:56:39 pm »
@Bigun

I let my doctor convince me to have the flu shot. I'm better off with the flu, mine usually don't last more than two days when I do get one every couple of years.

That's what I did the second time.  NEVER again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2019, 07:12:50 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

This is a composite video of every Nationals' player's expression for the final out of the World Series 2019

Notice that the baseball for the final out went promptly into Gomes' back pocket....never to be seen or heard from again.    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2019, 07:40:51 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

This is a composite video of every Nationals' player's expression for the final out of the World Series 2019

Notice that the baseball for the final out went promptly into Gomes' back pocket....never to be seen or heard from again.    happy77
@DCPatriot
The Hall of Fame won't be deprived for Nats artifacts from the Series. They've got or will get:

* The ball Juan Soto launched onto the train tracks.
* One of Dave Martinez's game hoodies.
* The jersey Stephen Strasburg wore for Game Six.
* The ball Howie Kendrick clanked off the right field foul pole.
* Max Scherzer's Game Seven hat.
* Anthony Rendon's bat. (Possibly the one with which he hit the Game Seven bomb.)
* Kurt Suzuki's spikes.