Author Topic: House approves Trump impeachment procedures  (Read 648 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: House approves Trump impeachment procedures
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2019, 02:47:14 pm »
There is no "whistle blower" you dunce!  Just one more in a long line of Deep State lemmings!
@Bigun
I'm sorry you backed and voted for a crook.  I tried to warn you.
The world can be a scary place when you don't understand what is going on.  It can make you lash out in frustration.  I understand this.
But it doesn't excuse personally insulting people because you don't like what they are saying.  In fact it's against forum rules.
I look forward to your apology.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2019, 02:47:21 pm »
There is no "whistle blower" you dunce!  Just one more in a long line of Deep State lemmings!

Moles.  Not lemmings.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2019, 02:52:02 pm »
@Bigun
I'm sorry you backed and voted for a crook.  I tried to warn you.
The world can be a scary place when you don't understand what is going on.  It can make you lash out in frustration.  I understand this.
But it doesn't excuse personally insulting people because you don't like what they are saying.  In fact it's against forum rules.
I look forward to your apology.

@Once-Ler you are sorely misinformed across the board and are, IMHO, nothing more than a very accomplished Democrat troll.  Keep waiting for that apology.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2019, 02:52:50 pm »
The transcript was released after the whistleblower came forward.It could be.  It is strange that it only became an issue after Biden announced he was running and Hillary's and Obama's corruption remains unimportant to Trump.  But sure Trump, with his big heart for the world and unswerving commitment to rooting out corruption in Ukraine could explain this.

Ukraine First
Trump - 2020

As if the Russia collusion investigation over the past two years never happened. LOL

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2019, 02:53:08 pm »
Moles.  Not lemmings.

OK!  I'll buy that @Jazzhead.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2019, 02:56:13 pm »
Of course.  It was released in reaction to the whistleblower, in an act of transparency.   The President felt he had nothing to hide.   And the Ukrainians are on record as saying they were not pressured.   And it is a matter of historical record that (i) the appropriated military aid was provided, (ii) the photo-op Zelensky wanted with Trump was provided, and (iii) the Ukrainians did not investigate the Bidens.   

This is truly an example of the Democrats in Cloudcuckooland.   
And it is a matter of historical record that (i) the appropriated military aid was stalled, (ii) Trump requested dirt on Biden as a favor during a talk about defense aid and (iii) Trump's failure to coerce the Ukrainians to investigate the Biden's is not proof he didn't solicit foreign political aid. 

Perhaps it would be easier for me to understand your POV if I really really really wanted Trump to be innocent.

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2019, 03:00:11 pm »
@Once-Ler you are sorely misinformed across the board and are, IMHO, nothing more than a very accomplished Democrat troll.  Keep waiting for that apology.
@Bigun
You can send it to me in a private message if publicly manning up is too difficult.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2019, 03:02:57 pm »
@Bigun
You can send it to me in a private message if publicly manning up is too difficult.

@Once-Ler take my advice, don't hold your breath!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2019, 03:27:45 pm »

Perhaps it would be easier for me to understand your POV if I really really really wanted Trump to be innocent.

What I really really really want is for the verdict on Trump to rendered by the voters, not some jackass kangaroo court.  I think that's important to defuse the partisan acrimony and ensure the legitimacy of the next President, whoever that may be.    The Dems should be careful what they wish for.  All the hellfire they are bringing to bear to prevent the voters from deciding what to do with Trump will be visited on a President Warren.   Our ordered system of self-governance is at stake.   That's far bigger than Donald Trump or Nancy Pelosi.   

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2019, 03:34:29 pm »
What I really really really want is for the verdict on Trump to rendered by the voters, not some jackass kangaroo court.  I think that's important to defuse the partisan acrimony and ensure the legitimacy of the next President, whoever that may be.    The Dems should be careful what they wish for.  All the hellfire they are bringing to bear to prevent the voters from deciding what to do with Trump will be visited on a President Warren.   Our ordered system of self-governance is at stake.   That's far bigger than Donald Trump or Nancy Pelosi.   

Again the House will not remove Trump they are just gathering evidence and when they vote to impeach, they will send that evidence to the Senate.  The GOP controlled Senate will give the verdict.  Since the GOP Senate is a crass swamp full of self-serving, dishonorable creatures who want to protect their chances of reelection rather than do the right thing...most likely they will protect the crooked President, and it will be up to voters in 2020 to decide.  So you get your wish.  Be happy.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2019, 03:38:04 pm »
Of course.  It was released in reaction to the whistleblower, in an act of transparency.   The President felt he had nothing to hide.   And the Ukrainians are on record as saying they were not pressured.   And it is a matter of historical record that (i) the appropriated military aid was provided, (ii) the photo-op Zelensky wanted with Trump was provided, and (iii) the Ukrainians did not investigate the Bidens.   

This is truly an example of the Democrats in Cloudcuckooland.   

Great post. The implication was that not releasing the transcript until after the call became public knowledge constituted an attempted coverup, which is patently absurd.

I have to say that any concerns I might have had about this a week or two ago are rapidly dwindling.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2019, 03:52:03 pm »

Warren's election would definitely hold the House, Biden most likely would also. But repubs would have a good shot in 2022, and in Biden's case there will be an impeachment inquiry teed up ready to go.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:15:21 pm by Snarknado »
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2019, 04:23:03 pm »
Again the House will not remove Trump they are just gathering evidence and when they vote to impeach, they will send that evidence to the Senate.  The GOP controlled Senate will give the verdict.  Since the GOP Senate is a crass swamp full of self-serving, dishonorable creatures who want to protect their chances of reelection rather than do the right thing...most likely they will protect the crooked President, and it will be up to voters in 2020 to decide.  So you get your wish.  Be happy.

It can be your wish, too, if you would only stop sliding so credulously from one rat farce scandal to the next.

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2019, 04:43:34 pm »
It can be your wish, too, if you would only stop sliding so credulously from one rat farce scandal to the next.
Thanks for the advice.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 05:24:40 pm »
Thanks for the advice.

I worry about you.

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2019, 05:56:04 pm »
I worry about you.
I don't worry about you @skeeter
There is nothing wrong with you. 
You're not a bad person for having different beliefs than I do.
You are not human scum.
I respect you, you're intelligent, and educated, and I respect that you listen to the President's critics and engage them.
It's too bad we don't see eye to eye on the President, but the good news is our different beliefs don't really matter that much. 
The direction of the country is pretty much out of our hands no matter how intense our faith or doctine.

On the other hand Politics as an entertainment industry has never been better. wink777

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2019, 06:06:31 pm »

The direction of the country is pretty much out of our hands no matter how intense our faith or doctine.

Wrong.  It is squarely in our hands,  no more so than now when our Constitutional design of ordered self-governance hangs in the balance.

I have been one of President Trump's fiercest critics on this board.   I continue to advocate that he make the decision, like LBJ, to not run for re-election.  But I am squarely on his side in resisting the Dems' attempt to deny the people the right to render the verdict on his Presidency.   

This is not about protecting this President.  This is about protecting our right to choose our leaders,  free of sabotage by nefarious actors.    This is a witch hunt, a kangaroo court.  It is the attempt to subvert the peoples' will that is dangerous to our freedoms and our Constitution.   Under these circumstances,  against these villains,  I will hold my nose and defend a President I didn't vote for.   

IT IS NOT OUT OF OUR HANDS.   To concede such is to concede all.   THE PEOPLE MUST DECIDE.   

Offline skeeter

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2019, 06:07:11 pm »

It's too bad we don't see eye to eye on the President, but the good news is our different beliefs don't really matter that much. 

On the other hand Politics as an entertainment industry has never been better. wink777

All this is true.

I wish I could consider politics entertainment only but, leaving Pericles' cautionary warning aside, I find the increasing disregard for the truth these days not only highly offensive but dangerous as well.

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2019, 06:21:36 pm »
IT IS NOT OUT OF OUR HANDS.   To concede such is to concede all.   THE PEOPLE MUST DECIDE.
@Jazzhead I hear your passion, and of course the stuff I said to @skeeter apply to you.
There is nothing wrong with you.
You're not a bad person for having different beliefs than I do.
You are not human scum.
I respect you, you're intelligent, and educated, and I respect that you listen to the President's critics and engage them.

I think you are the most open minded and critical thinker on this forum.  You have hammered me over the head with facts.  You have made the strongest appeals to my virtue.  Yet my beliefs remain. 
What makes you believe that you, one man, can make a difference?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2019, 06:32:06 pm »

Thanks for your generous words, @Once-Ler.   I respect your intelligence, passion and clarity of thought, and willingness to provide a vital minority voice on this conservative board.   

What makes you believe that you, one man, can make a difference?

What makes you believe that one man can't? 

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2019, 06:34:13 pm »
Thanks for your generous words, @Once-Ler.   I respect your intelligence, passion and clarity of thought, and willingness to provide a vital minority voice on this conservative board.   

What makes you believe that one man can't?
50+ years