Author Topic: Republican senators open to comeback bid from Sessions  (Read 329 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican senators open to comeback bid from Sessions
« on: October 31, 2019, 01:32:18 pm »
Republican senators open to comeback bid from Sessions
By Jordain Carney - 10/31/19 06:00 AM EDT

GOP senators are predicting former Attorney General Jeff Sessions could win back his old Senate seat in Alabama, even as deep divisions with President Trump could throw a wild card into a potential comeback bid.

Sessions, who served in the Senate for decades before joining the Trump administration, is considering jumping into a crowded 2020 primary race for the chance to challenge Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.). Though he remains deeply popular within Alabama, a Senate bid would likely put a spotlight on his corrosive relationship with Trump, who announced Sessions’s ousting via Twitter last year.

But GOP senators — eager to win back the Senate seat from Democrats — believe Sessions would be a formidable candidate with a proven ability to win  statewide elections.

Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) said on Wednesday he would endorse Sessions if the former attorney general declares his candidacy. Sessions has been publicly tightlipped about his plans, but Shelby said “a lot of indications point to him running.”

“He’s got to win it on the battlefield ... but if he runs, all indications are that he would win,” Shelby said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/468242-republican-senators-open-to-comeback-bid-from-sessions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Republican senators open to comeback bid from Sessions
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 02:20:20 pm »
Unbelievable. Well, looks like part of the swamp wants to welcome back one of the swamp creatures. For crying out loud, doesn't AL have anyone else for the GOP that wants to run??  Sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 02:23:41 pm »
Unbelievable. Well, looks like part of the swamp wants to welcome back one of the swamp creatures. For crying out loud, doesn't AL have anyone else for the GOP that wants to run??  Sad.

Amen. We don't need another Senator Peepers representing a solidly conservative state.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »

I part with you on this one.  Trumps biggest campaign promise related to securing the border.  Arresting gang member...…...etc.  Jeff Sessions rose to the challenge.  He jumped into the job with enthusiasm.  I truly believe that he wanted to fulfill Trumps promises trump made us.  He was doing the job he was hired to do.  But he got tangled up in Trumps mess.  If you don't like him because of recusal then you should not like Lindsey Graham either because he advised Sessions to recuse himself.

He has every right to run again and its up to his state to decide.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 02:42:10 pm »
Sessions was a good conservative Senator, I hope he runs.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 03:06:57 pm »
The voters are supposed to decide.  Let them.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 03:24:55 pm »
I part with you on this one.  Trumps biggest campaign promise related to securing the border.  Arresting gang member...…...etc.  Jeff Sessions rose to the challenge.  He jumped into the job with enthusiasm.  I truly believe that he wanted to fulfill Trumps promises trump made us.  He was doing the job he was hired to do.  But he got tangled up in Trumps mess.  If you don't like him because of recusal then you should not like Lindsey Graham either because he advised Sessions to recuse himself.

He has every right to run again and its up to his state to decide.

Yes of course he has every right to run again and ultimately the people of AL will decide whether or not to seat him.

I still see him as part of the swamp. His job was to oversee the Department of Justice which is an extremely important position.  He FAILED miserably.  He may have had reason to recuse himself but he still allowed Rosenstein and Mueller to continue the costly and ridiculously long investigation of which there were no set parameters. 

There are other issues on which he failed to properly oversee the Department of Justice.

http://www.pfaw.org/report/report-card-on-one-year-of-jeff-sessions-as-attorney-general-an-insult-to-justice/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:29:35 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 03:55:56 pm »
So people here would support a constant loser like Moore instead of a guy who has constantly won.  Where is the logic in that thinking??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 04:10:06 pm »
So people here would support a constant loser like Moore instead of a guy who has constantly won.  Where is the logic in that thinking??

I support letting the people in Alabama do the choosing and people from Kansas, Texas, and Washington D.C. keeping their damned noses out of it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 01:04:11 am »
Both Sessions and Moore are gettin' to be geezers.

Are there no up-and-coming young traditional-minded Republicans in the state of Alabam...?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 02:29:33 am »
Yes of course he has every right to run again and ultimately the people of AL will decide whether or not to seat him.

I still see him as part of the swamp. His job was to oversee the Department of Justice which is an extremely important position.  He FAILED miserably.  He may have had reason to recuse himself but he still allowed Rosenstein and Mueller to continue the costly and ridiculously long investigation of which there were no set parameters. 

There are other issues on which he failed to properly oversee the Department of Justice.

http://www.pfaw.org/report/report-card-on-one-year-of-jeff-sessions-as-attorney-general-an-insult-to-justice/

Did you read the link?  I read it and said good, that's what a real Conservative should be doing.  LGBT hate crimes.  Problems with him enforcing immigration law, voter rights...……...etc.  I was thinking that site must be a liberal site.  I know it is.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:30:58 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.