Author Topic: New York City will ban restaurants and grocery stores from selling foie gras  (Read 610 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
CNN) — Epicures searching for foie gras in New York City will have to look elsewhere starting in 2022.

New York will ban restaurants and grocery stores from selling foie gras, after the bill passed the city council Wednesday. Mayor Bill de Blasio's office confirmed to CNN in an email that he will sign the bill into law.

The ban comes amid increasing scrutiny on foie gras. The bill calls the luxury good a "force-fed product" and, in a statement to CNN, councilwoman Carlina Rivera -- the prime sponsor of the bill -- called force-feeding an "inhumane practice."

"As a lifelong advocate for animal rights, I am excited that the Council has voted to pass this historic legislation to ban the sale of these specific force-fed animal products," Rivera stated.

And for those who try to sell the item despite the ban? They'll be facing a civic penalty upwards of $2,000 for each violation.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/us/foie-gras-new-york-ban-trnd/index.html
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:09:00 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I’ve never had this but I’ve seen it on cooking shows and when I was in France.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

Can we ban that fibrous tasteless stuff called kale? At least ban it as a salad green? Gack!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GrouchoTex

Never had it.
Is it any good?
If it taste like other liver I've had, no thanks!

Online roamer_1

Can we ban that fibrous tasteless stuff called kale? At least ban it as a salad green? Gack!

They are a fair replacement for collards, which I cannot get up here. Swiss chard and beet greens too...
Great fried up in eggs.
And being Dutch, I love maus (mouse) which is buttered mashed potatoes with fine chopped kale in them.

Put a little country lovin on em and they're just fine. It's them health food freaks that messed it up for you.  happy77