Author Topic: Vindman says White House lawyer moved Ukraine call to classified server: report  (Read 135 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/468257-vindman-linked-white-house-lawyer-to-classified-server-report

The testimony of White House official Alexander Vindman linked White House lawyer John Eisenberg to the decision to move the July 25 call at the center of House Democrats' impeachment inquiry to a classified server, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

People familiar with Vindman's testimony in the House impeachment inquiry told The Post that Vindman expressed concern about the call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskycall to Eisenberg. The attorney then proposed moving the call's transcript to a highly-classified server, the sources told The Post.

more at link

When you have a "perfect" call, first you want to tamper with the transcript, then you want to hide it in the super secret server. :yowsa:

Happy impeachment vote day everyone.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Not exactly breaking news.  For example, here's the WH "admitting" (no bias there!) it moved the data from a month old article:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-ukraine-call-white-house-secret-server-impeachment-a9123536.html

BTW, when this was discussed weeks ago, there was a lot of speculation that he was trying to "hide" the data.  I used to work with servers that would not let you delete or change, under ANY circumstances, for a configured amount of time (including an option for never), data once it was written to them.  One major reason feature for this is to preserve evidence.  I'm not saying I think this is what he did, but IMO if we're going to guess why the data was moved, it's just as valid to guess it was moved to protect its integrity as it is to guess that it was done to hide the data.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Not exactly breaking news.  For example, here's the WH "admitting" (no bias there!) it moved the data from a month old article:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-ukraine-call-white-house-secret-server-impeachment-a9123536.html

BTW, when this was discussed weeks ago, there was a lot of speculation that he was trying to "hide" the data.  I used to work with servers that would not let you delete or change, under ANY circumstances, for a configured amount of time (including an option for never), data once it was written to them.  One major reason feature for this is to preserve evidence.  I'm not saying I think this is what he did, but IMO if we're going to guess why the data was moved, it's just as valid to guess it was moved to protect its integrity as it is to guess that it was done to hide the data.

Agreed.
I found this story interesting because it linked White House lawyer John Eisenberg and I had not heard him mentioned before, but I am certain I will hear more soon.