Author Topic: Top Trump adviser steps down ahead of impeachment testimony  (Read 281 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Top Trump adviser steps down ahead of impeachment testimony
« on: October 31, 2019, 04:24:21 am »

By DEB RIECHMANN, Associated Press 5 hrs ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's top adviser for Russian and European affairs is leaving his job at the White House, a day before he's scheduled to testify before the House impeachment investigators, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Tim Morrison owes his job at the National Security Council to Trump, but his testimony Thursday in the House impeachment inquiry might be central to a push to remove the president from office.

A senior administration official said Morrison "has decided to pursue other opportunities." The official, who was not authorized to discuss Morrison's job and spoke only on condition of anonymity, said Morrison has been considering leaving the administration for "some time."

Morrison has been in the spotlight since August when a government whistleblower said multiple U.S. officials had said Trump was "using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election."
Now it's his turn in the impeachment probe's hot seat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/top-trump-adviser-steps-down-ahead-of-impeachment-testimony/ar-AAJBDKC?ocid=spartanntp
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Top Trump adviser steps down ahead of impeachment testimony
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 09:36:20 am »
Looks like a good sign to me.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Top Trump adviser steps down ahead of impeachment testimony
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 02:41:40 pm »
Looks like a good sign to me.

I guess we are going to find out.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.