Author Topic: Schumer asks Army to provide Vindman same protections as whistleblower  (Read 116 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer asks Army to provide Vindman same protections as whistleblower
By Jordain Carney - 10/30/19 12:26 PM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) is asking the Army to provide an officer who testified as part of the House impeachment inquiry the same protections against retaliation that a whistleblower would receive.

Schumer sent a letter on Wednesday to Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy and Chief of Staff of the Army General James C. McConville raising concerns that Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman could face retaliation for his testimony on Tuesday. 

“I ... ask that you provide me with a briefing on what actions the Army is taking to ensure that LTC Vindman and whistleblowers like him are afforded appropriate protections – both from retaliation and for the personal safety of him and his family,” Schumer wrote.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/468126-schumer-asks-army-to-provide-vindman-same-protections-as-whistleblower
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Schumer asks Army to provide Vindman same protections as whistleblower
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 04:55:55 pm »
Meanwhile, Vindman - who overseas European affairs at the National Security Council, has come under fire after the New York Times reported that he's has been advising Ukrainian officials on how to deal with Rudy Giuliani.

Emphasis by me.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/white-house-ukraine-expert-says-he-tried-correct-voice-recognition-generated-transcript
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien