Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot Part 2  (Read 13376 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot Part 2
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2020, 12:24:06 am »
Deep Blue versus Garry Kasparov

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Blue_versus_Garry_Kasparov

Deep Blue versus Garry Kasparov was a pair of six-game chess matches between world chess champion Garry Kasparov and an IBM supercomputer called Deep Blue. The first match was played in Philadelphia in 1996 and won by Kasparov. The second was played in New York City in 1997 and won by Deep Blue. The 1997 match was the first defeat of a reigning world chess champion by a computer under tournament conditions.

Deep Blue (chess computer) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Blue_(chess_computer)
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2020, 12:43:59 am »
bump
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2020, 12:45:31 am »
I'm buying you a Roomba, Fred.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2020, 12:46:57 am »
I'm buying you a Roomba, Fred.

Sounds like a cage match.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2020, 01:08:04 am »
bump

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2020, 01:13:25 am »
There is a good Youtube vid out there about this.

This was one of the first onstage applications of AI. Or in that realm.

To get a machine to think like a human.

And now us. Our machines think for us.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2020, 05:41:19 am »
There is a good Youtube vid out there about this.

This was one of the first onstage applications of AI. Or in that realm.

To get a machine to think like a human.

And now us. Our machines think for us.
Howard Mumford Jones put it: "Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."

Today, the machine would be safe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2020, 03:52:37 pm »
https://venturebeat.com/2020/11/06/ai-weekly-the-election/

AI Weekly: The election

Seth Colaner
@SethColaner
November 6, 2020 3:01 PM

In the United States, there was nothing else this week except for the presidential election. More people voted in this election than in any other previous U.S. presidential election — a total of 143,518,226 votes and counting. As we close out a long, stressful week, it appears all but a formality that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will be the country’s next President and Vice President. Meanwhile, Donald Trump rages on in a toothless effort to hang onto power.

The results of the election were not the resounding referendum against white supremacy, misogyny, xenophobia, and bigotry that many had hoped for. But at least the fears about how technology could tip the scales of this election didn’t apparently come to pass — many were concerned about numerous threats from (or enabled by) technology, from deepfakes to bots to hacking. It’s true that technology certainly contributed to, or at least enabled, some of those threats, and we may not know much about the extent of their effects for some time, but it’s a relief that it’s not been so onerous that it’s dominated conversations about the election results. Instead, all eyes are on the slow trickle of run-of-the-mill ballot counting. We’ve heard little in the way of the controversy that could have emerged because of voting machine flaws; conversations have been more focused on things like how Nebraska divides its electoral votes and the political predilections of independent voters in Maricopa County than hacked voting systems.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2020, 04:30:47 pm »
The results of the election were not the resounding referendum against white supremacy, misogyny, xenophobia, and bigotry that many had hoped for. But at least the fears about how technology could tip the scales of this election didn’t apparently come to pass — many were concerned about numerous threats from (or enabled by) technology, from deepfakes to bots to hacking.

Utter bullshit.  This election is a mess precisely because the flawed technology has tipped the scales!  The counting software used by 30 states was hacked to turn Trump votes into Biteme votes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2020, 01:43:36 am »
https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2020/11/12/synthesized-free-tool-detect-remove-algorithmic-biases/

Synthesized’s free tool aims to detect and remove algorithmic biases

By Ryan Daws | November 12, 2020 | TechForge Media

Synthesized has launched a free tool which aims to quickly identify and remove dangerous biases in algorithms.

As humans, we all have biases. These biases, often unconsciously, end up in algorithms which are designed to be used across society.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2020, 01:43:59 am »
Even votong machines...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2020, 02:45:29 am »
Skills development in Physical AI could give birth to lifelike intelligent robots

November 10, 2020
Source:
    Imperial College London
Summary:

New research suggests combining educational topics and research disciplines to help researchers breathe life into lifelike intelligent robots.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201110112512.htm

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2020, 02:45:58 am »
Burning the candle at both ends.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2020, 01:37:23 pm »
OK people. If you want your floors clean get a baby. @Weird Tolkienish Figure

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2020, 01:40:21 pm »
https://thenextweb.com/neural/2020/07/17/a-beginners-guide-to-the-ai-apocalypse-artificial-stupidity/

A beginner’s guide to the AI apocalypse: Artificial stupidity

In this edition we’re going to flip the script and talk about something that might just save us from being destroyed by our robot overlords on September 23, 2029 (random date, but if it actually happens your mind is going to be blown), and that is: artificial stupidity.

But first, a few words about humans.

You won’t find any comprehensive data on the subject outside of the testimonials at the Darwin Awards, but stupidity is surely the biggest threat to humans throughout all of history.

Luckily we’re still the smartest species on the planet, so we’ve managed to remain in charge for a long time despite our shortcomings. Unfortunately a new challenger has entered the arena in the form of AI. And despite its relative infancy, artificial intelligence isn’t as far from challenging our status as the apex intellects as you might think.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2020, 01:45:25 pm »
Luckily we’re still the smartest species on the planet....

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2020, 03:27:06 pm »
OK people. If you want your floors clean get a baby. @Weird Tolkienish Figure

Have one, he's a major reason my floors are dirty.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2020, 02:51:05 am »
Have one, he's a major reason my floors are dirty.

uh huh  :laugh:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2020, 03:50:21 pm »
https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2020/12/09/from-fantasy-to-reality-misunderstanding-the-impact-of-ai/

From fantasy to reality: Misunderstanding the impact of AI

The prominence of artificial intelligence (AI) has significantly grown in pop culture and science fiction over the years. It has speculated on how AI can change people’s lives, the places we live and our day-to-day activities. However, despite the increase of AI in popular films such as I, Robot, Star Trek and WALL-E, it’s continued depiction and futuristic tendencies throughout the years have altered individual perceptions about the true meaning of AI and how it is already playing a vital part in our everyday lives.

A recent survey conducted by O’Reilly paints this exact picture. It gives AI-creators an in-depth look at how consumers identify and use AI technology, showcasing the heightened misunderstanding that consumers have of AI and its use.
AI takes over popular culture

Television and the big screen have played a large role in introducing AI into our homes, but how does this depiction impact how we develop and implement the technology?

For those working to incorporate AI technology into products and develop new ways to use it, robots and cars are not an everyday focus. The areas of advancement instead look at AI that learns from our actions to more efficiently help us in our day-to-day lives, answering questions for us and completing tasks through speech recognition and language processing at work and at home.

But how do we harness the excitement around the fantasy of AI to increase everyday adoption?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2020, 03:53:40 pm »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwifh8npp8vtAhWYsZ4KHZPhBZ0QFjABegQICRAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FMemetics&usg=AOvVaw1WuuXAsthkiz7vM1UQEW4z

Memetics

Memetics is the study of information and culture based on an analogy with Darwinian evolution. Proponents describe memetics as an approach to evolutionary models of cultural information transfer. Memetics describes how an idea can propagate successfully, but doesn't necessarily imply a concept is factual.

Online rustynail

« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2020, 04:01:08 pm »
Are democrats sentient robots?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2020, 04:13:23 pm »

They may be robots, but they are only marginally sentient.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2020, 04:31:22 pm »

The idea of memetics intrigues me. They are  sentient robots that exemplify group think.. Think of all the bad habits AI will learn from them.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Affectiva receives six new patents for using AI to analyse vehicle occupants

https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2021/03/23/affectiva-six-new-patents-using-ai-analyse-vehicle-occupants/

Human perception AI pioneer Affectiva has been granted six patents for detecting the awareness and emotions of vehicle occupants.

Your car knows more about how you are feeling than you do.