Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot Part 2  (Read 13222 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2020/10/28/medical-chatbot-openai-gpt3-patient-kill-themselves/

Medical chatbot using OpenAI’s GPT-3 told a fake patient to kill themselves

We’re used to medical chatbots giving dangerous advice, but one based on OpenAI’s GPT-3 took it much further.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

Affectiva receives six new patents for using AI to analyse vehicle occupants

https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2021/03/23/affectiva-six-new-patents-using-ai-analyse-vehicle-occupants/

Human perception AI pioneer Affectiva has been granted six patents for detecting the awareness and emotions of vehicle occupants.

Your car knows more about how you are feeling than you do.

I wonder if it can detect if I am using a Western half-bird or a back-east full bird....  :whistle:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I wonder if it can detect if I am using a Western half-bird or a back-east full bird....  :whistle:

Is this one of those see if it can swallow that things?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

Is this one of those see if it can swallow that things?

yeah.

You want some fun? haul out your phone and ask google: "Hey Google... Did you fart?"

Maybe she says something different to you though...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
yeah.

You want some fun? haul out your phone and ask google: "Hey Google... Did you fart?"

Maybe she says something different to you though...

I don't have a phone.

Online roamer_1

I don't have a phone.

Well... You could try it on a trash can or a spoon or something... But I don't think the result would be the same.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Well... You could try it on a trash can or a spoon or something... But I don't think the result would be the same.

Why try it at all?

Online roamer_1

Why try it at all?

Right. Blame it on the dog. That always works.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Right. Blame it on the dog. That always works.

No need to go fer getting political. Biteme isn't a robot. Merely brain dead.

Online roamer_1

No need to go fer getting political. Biteme isn't a robot. Merely brain dead.

LOL!

Online roamer_1

Why try it at all?

Seriously... I take a different tack than you... If something is going to try to rule me, I am going to learn how to hack it.

And I will learn how.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Artificial intelligence can now design new antibiotics in a matter of days

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjV-LnokePvAhXE854KHZyHCR0QxfQBMAp6BAgsEAk&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vox.com%2Ffuture-perfect%2F22360573%2Fai-ibm-design-new-antibiotics-covid-19-treatments&usg=AOvVaw3iiarKOReOe3o4wdQFlB4A

magine you’re a scientist who needs to discover a new antibiotic to fight off a scary disease. How would you go about finding it?

Typically, you’d have to test lots and lots of different molecules in the lab until you find one that has the necessary bacteria-killing properties. You might find some contenders that are good at killing the bacteria only to realize that you can’t use them because they also prove toxic to humans. It’s a very long, very expensive, and probably very aggravating process.

But what if, instead, you could just type into your computer the properties you’re looking for and have your computer design the perfect molecule for you?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I need a new drug...one with no doubt...

Online roamer_1

I don't trust modern medicine to start with, so...  :shrug:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't trust modern medicine to start with, so...  :shrug:

Modern medicine is an oxymoron maybe even a non sequitur.

Online roamer_1

Modern medicine is an oxymoron maybe even a non sequitur.

It has its place... But for the most part, you do better with native/folk remedies

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It has its place... But for the most part, you do better with native/folk remedies

I mean the difference between modern health care and medicine. No one has shown me many native remedies aren't modern medicine.

Online roamer_1

I mean the difference between modern health care and medicine. No one has shown me many native remedies aren't modern medicine.

Heh heh... That's right.  :beer: :seeya:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Fujitsu develops AI to detect product abnormalities during manufacturing

https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2021/03/29/fujitsu-develops-ai-product-abnormalities-manufacturing/

Thanks.

I didn't order a trans...whatever...doll.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot Part 2
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2021, 01:03:33 pm »
It’s all fun and games until the robot kills a cheerleader…

Mizzou FOUR legged ROBOT does dance with the GOLDEN GIRLS

Oct 2, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_-i2CjAGaE&t=1s