Author Topic: The new Democratic senator irritating the left and delighting the GOP  (Read 480 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
By BURGESS EVERETT

10/29/2019 05:06 AM EDT

Updated: 10/29/2019 10:04 AM EDT

She rarely goes to party lunches and skipped Senate votes to run the Ironman. She endorsed a primary challenger against one of her own colleagues and hobnobs with Republicans at least as much as she does with her own caucus.

Kyrsten Sinema doesn’t really fit in with her fellow Senate Democrats. Don’t even ask her whether she watches the Democratic presidential debates.

Story Continued Below
“I’m not missing anything. I prefer happiness,” Sinema declares in a 25-minute interview, a rare extended conversation with an outlet not based in Arizona. “Look how happy I am.”

Story Continued Below
Arizona’s first Democrat to win a Senate race in 30 years has done little to raise her profile in Washington; she’s more focused on trying to balance her extreme workout regime with a moderate record on par with West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin’s.

Sinema has long cultivated a bipartisan posture. But her support for Donald Trump nominees like Attorney General William Barr and her lack of zeal for impeachment are part of a political profile drawing blowback from progressives and cheers from the GOP.

Yet Sinema is also setting herself up to be a pivotal vote the next time the Democrats are in power. And her radical breed of centrism could be a headache for the party.

Take the liberal drive to bust down age-old Senate rules in order to pass “Medicare for All” or a “Green New Deal.” Sinema not only opposes getting rid of the 60-vote filibuster threshold for legislation, she wants to restore the supermajority requirement for presidential nominees that has been weakened by both parties.

“They will not get my vote on [nuking the filibuster],” Sinema said in her office, outfitted with shiny leather and translucent chairs and boasting a vivid shade of purple that pops from the walls. “In fact, whether I’m in the majority or the minority I would always vote to reinstate the protections for the minority. … It is the right thing for the country.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/29/kyrsten-sinema-arizona-democrats-060187
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The new Democratic senator irritating the left and delighting the GOP
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 07:46:59 pm »
I wonder if the author got any on him with all that gushing?   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 07:58:19 pm »
I wonder if the author got any on him with all that gushing?   *****rollingeyes*****

I'm taking the 5th on this one.
 :whistle: :whistle:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 12:45:52 am »
Those voters of Arizona sure elect some strange ones, don't they....?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 01:13:00 am »
Those voters of Arizona sure elect some strange ones, don't they....?

@Fishrrman it's the boots...

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 04:58:03 am »
She's doing what she has to in a reddish purple state

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 03:37:34 pm »
She is as liberal as they get...but VERY savvy politically. As Once-ler says, she gets that she's in a red leaning state and MUST be perceived as a centrist if she hopes to be re-elected. She has bigger aspirations than that, I would add, and has the political skills to attain them. She may be angling for the Governor's mansion as her next target and she is a threat to take it. But again, she is at her core FAR Left...but unlike many on that wing of the Dem party...has the political skills and sense to hide that from the voters.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 03:45:50 pm »
She is as liberal as they get...but VERY savvy politically. As Once-ler says, she gets that she's in a red leaning state and MUST be perceived as a centrist if she hopes to be re-elected. She has bigger aspirations than that, I would add, and has the political skills to attain them. She may be angling for the Governor's mansion as her next target and she is a threat to take it. But again, she is at her core FAR Left...but unlike many on that wing of the Dem party...has the political skills and sense to hide that from the voters.

So ... IF RINO's are Republicans In Name Only, does this make her a DINO?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 04:14:35 pm »
So ... IF RINO's are Republicans In Name Only, does this make her a DINO??

AZ Rats already call her that.  The state Dems almost censured her at their recent convention in Phoenix, but narrowly lacked the delegate votes.  They're pizzed her votes are only 89% anti-Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 06:19:36 pm »
“They will not get my vote on [nuking the filibuster],” Sinema said

I don't believe it for a second. She will vote as her party tells her to, or she will be gone.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 06:59:47 pm »
“They will not get my vote on [nuking the filibuster],” Sinema said

I don't believe it for a second. She will vote as her party tells her to, or she will be gone.
She's kinda of a hot chick Dem vampire. Which is rare. Most of the ruling class look like century old hags.
Now, your Rat vampires come in two general packages: old, craggy, Dracula and nosferatu-like ones.  You know,  Schumer, Schiff, Mit Romney etal, and the hot, nubile, and busty chick-like ones.   That is the problem with the Hot Chick vampires. You know they are eventually gonna suck your soul right out of your neck but you don't give a damn.

Scarey.