State Chapters > Arizona

Who are the real fascists? About Proposition 205 in Tucson, AZ

<< < (5/5)

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on November 06, 2019, 05:00:36 pm ---@Cyber Liberty

I have to admit to being shocked. I figured this was an absolute slam-dunk.

Have any idea what happened?

--- End quote ---

@sneakypete

The lefty Unions banded together to oppose the Prop, in order to keep the Federal gravy train running.  That it was against the AZ State Constitution was not the reason it failed, although it should have been.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on November 06, 2019, 05:02:49 pm ---@sneakypete

The lefty Unions banded together to oppose the Prop, in order to keep the Federal gravy train running. 

--- End quote ---

@Cyber Liberty

Thanks,but I don't know what that means. Could you give me a short explanation to help job what little memory I have left?

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on November 06, 2019, 05:04:36 pm ---@Cyber Liberty

Thanks,but I don't know what that means. Could you give me a short explanation to help job what little memory I have left?

--- End quote ---

@sneakypete

Sure!  Trump has had some success at cutting off funding for "Sanctuaries," and the leftists in Tucson did not want to endanger the flow of those funds from the National Government for their pet projects (with the attendant corruption of bribes and kick-backs).  IOW, the "Gravy Train." 

The State passed a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting sanctuary cities, so this Ballot Prop should not have even been allowed to come to a vote!  That it was is a middle finger to the rest of the State of AZ, who voted in the Amendment a few years ago.  It lead to boycotts of Arizona.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on November 06, 2019, 05:15:07 pm ---@sneakypete

Sure!  Trump has had some success at cutting off funding for "Sanctuaries," and the leftists in Tucson did not want to endanger the flow of those funds from the National Government for their pet projects (with the attendant corruption of bribes and kick-backs).  IOW, the "Gravy Train." 

The State passed a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting sanctuary cities, so this Ballot Prop should not have even been allowed to come to a vote!  That it was is a middle finger to the rest of the State of AZ, who voted in the Amendment a few years ago.  It lead to boycotts of Arizona.

--- End quote ---

@Cyber Liberty

OK,thanks!

rangerrebew:
Tucson, Arizona Rejects Plan to Become Sanctuary City

11/06/2019 12:00 AM Source: AAN by: AAN Staff

Despite its status as a red state, Arizona's second-largest city is a Democratic bastion.

Still, voters on Tuesday overwhelmingly rejected an initiative that would have made it the only sanctuary city in the state. (Fox News)

The measure drew fierce opposition from the mayor and city council, all of them Democrats, who said the initiative risked public safety and millions of dollars the city gets from the state and federal governments.

Read more at https://americanactionnews.com/articles/tucson-arizona-rejects-plan-to-become-sanctuary-city#TPQe6rW2J3m7KAxl.99

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version