State Chapters > Arizona

Who are the real fascists? About Proposition 205 in Tucson, AZ

<< < (4/5) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on October 29, 2019, 07:53:09 pm ---Unless U of A is an absolute nest of conservatives, ...

--- End quote ---

@PeteS in CA

Isn't that where Hay-Raldo Rivera got his college degree while dodging the draft?

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on November 04, 2019, 06:12:05 pm ---Sanctuary city initiative divides liberal Tucson, Arizona

Jonathan J. Cooper, Associated Press Updated 10:14 am CST, Sunday, November 3, 2019

Tucson is widely credited as the birthplace of the 1980s Sanctuary Movement, an effort by churches to help themselves gain access to the US treasury and political power by helping refugees from Central America break the law.
--- End quote ---

There,fixed it.

--- Quote ---Now, as President Donald Trump's immigration policies put renewed focus on the treatment of people who come to the United States without authorization, the REGRESSIVE southern Arizona city is again grappling with what it means to be a city welcoming of immigrants.

--- End quote ---

Fixed that one,too.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on November 06, 2019, 04:02:30 pm ---I am proven wrong, yet again!  And that's a good thing...Tucson rejected the Prop, by a wide margin!

One of Arizona's Liberal Hotbeds Overwhelmingly Rejected Proposition to Become State's First Sanctuary City

@PeteS in CA

@riverdale-74

--- End quote ---

Remarkable. 
--- Quote ---The Pima County Sheriff, Tucson Police officials and Tucson's largely Democratic city council and mayor opposed the proposition.
--- End quote ---

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: The Ghost on November 06, 2019, 04:19:33 pm ---Remarkable.

--- End quote ---

As Michelle Malkin pointed out, it's interesting why these people opposed the Prop:  It could lead to a major loss of funding from the National Government.  They had no problem with defying the AZ State Constitution.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on November 06, 2019, 04:02:30 pm ---I am proven wrong, yet again!  And that's a good thing...Tucson rejected the Prop, by a wide margin!

One of Arizona's Liberal Hotbeds Overwhelmingly Rejected Proposition to Become State's First Sanctuary City

@PeteS in CA

@riverdale-74

--- End quote ---

@Cyber Liberty

I have to admit to being shocked. I figured this was an absolute slam-dunk.

Have any idea what happened?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version