Author Topic: Army officer twice reported concerns about Trump's Ukraine tactics: report  (Read 248 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Army officer twice reported concerns about Trump's Ukraine tactics: report
By Justine Coleman - 10/28/19 10:02 PM EDT

An Army officer and top White House Ukraine expert is expected to tell House investigators Tuesday that he twice reported concerns about Trump's tactics in dealing with Ukraine, the New York Times reported Monday.

Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman, the highest-ranking Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, objected to his superiors twice about how Trump and his administration were interacting with Ukraine out of a “sense of duty,” according to a draft of his opening statement obtained by the Times.

“I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine,” Vindman said in his statement. “I realized that if Ukraine pursued an investigation into the Bidens and Burisma it would likely be interpreted as a partisan play which would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing the bipartisan support it has thus far maintained.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/467838-army-officer-twice-reported-concerns-about-trumps-ukraine-tactics
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Is this the guy who was born in Ukraine and was advising the Ukraine government? 

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 02:18:18 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is this the guy who was born in Ukraine and was advising the Ukraine government?

yep...in my book it's called espionage 
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New ‘Impeachment Inquiry’ Star Witness Admits Protecting the ‘Interagency’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/28/new-impeachment-inquiry-star-witness-admits-protecting-the-interagency/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buried in NY Times story, Ukraine sought advice from left’s latest ‘bombshell’ witness Lt. Col. Vindman

excerpt:
Ingraham told her guests, “Fox News has confirmed that a White House national security official–his name is Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman–and he’s going to tell impeachment investigators tomorrow, in a statement that has been distributed to some media outlets that he twice reported objections over Trump’s call with Ukraine. But get this … this is buried in the New York Times piece tonight, but I found it very interesting. He’s a decorated colonel, by the way, in the Iraq war. Because Col. Lindman immigrated from Ukraine along with his family when he was a child and is fluent in Ukrainian and Russian, Ukrainian officials sought advice from him about how to deal with Mr. Giuliani though they typically communicated in English.”

“Now, wait a second–John,” Ingraham continued as she couldn’t help but laugh and shake her head. “Here we have a U.S. national security official who is advising Ukraine while working inside the White House, apparently against the president’s interest. And usually, they spoke in English. Isn’t that kind of an interesting angle on this story?”

“I find that astounding,” Yoo admitted. “Some people might call that espionage.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/10/29/buried-in-ny-times-story-ukraine-sought-advice-from-lefts-latest-bombshell-witness-lt-col-vindman-845548
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

“I find that astounding,” Yoo admitted. “Some people might call that espionage.

But, when done by a (probable) democrat or NeverTrumper, it’s all good. Because Trump.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
“Some people might call that espionage."

Ya think???  I can't imagine why.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

yep...in my book it's called espionage
@mystery-ak

I have the opening statement of Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman.  He was born in Russia.   His family fled Russia when he was three and a half years old.  They arrived in New York City in 1979.  His father worked multiple jobs while learning English at night.

His statement is on the net.  I printed it to add to the 15 page opening statement of Bill Taylor.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yo Hillary, I got your "Russian Asset"  right there.  And his name is not Tulsi, it is "Sasha" Vindman
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I wonder what his superiors will state, that he was assigned to do?

His miitary superiors?

His civilian superiors?

Under exacctly what authority?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alexander Vindman and twin brother are Ukrainian refugees and Army lieutenant colonels who both now work in Trump White House
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/alexander-vindman-twin-brother-ukrainian-refugees-army-lieutenant-colonels-who-both-now-work-in-trump-white-house
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Misconception': John Yoo denies he accused White House Ukraine official of espionage

excerpt:
Yoo, a top Justice Department lawyer during the George W. Bush administration, Berkeley, appeared on The Ingraham Angle on Fox News Monday night to discuss the testimony of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, in which he registered two internal complaints about President Trump's phone call with Ukrainian President Zelensky.

"I want to clear up a misconception of my remarks on the Laura Ingraham show last night," he told the Washington Examiner Tuesday. "I did not accuse Lt. Col. Vindman of committing the crime of espionage. I have tremendous respect for a decorated officer of the U.S. Army and a veteran of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. What I was addressing was a report that Ukrainian officials had sought to contact Vindaman for advice on how to handle Rudy Giuliani acting as a presidential envoy."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/misconception-john-yoo-denies-he-accused-white-house-ukraine-official-of-espionage
Support the USO