Author Topic: El Camino: A fitting epilogue for Breaking Bad  (Read 511 times)

Offline corbe

El Camino: A fitting epilogue for Breaking Bad
« on: October 28, 2019, 09:08:19 pm »
El Camino: A fitting epilogue for Breaking Bad

Published 2 days ago on October 27, 2019   

By Ray Fava
ï‚™   

A Breaking Bad movie got my attention since the source material is perhaps the greatest television show of all time. A low budget production with the gritty cast and crew of the show is a major contrast with the overblown CGI Marvel movies. But El Camino is not an ordinary movie. It’s not trying to tell a story. The story of Breaking Bad has already been told. El Camino is an epilogue chapter. It answers one question: what happened to Jessie Pinkman?

This will be a spoiler free review.

If you’ve never seen Breaking Bad, I cannot imagine you would get much enjoyment out of this film. The film is deeply entrenched in the story and if you have not seen the show you really don’t understand how Jessie’s story begins in this film.

However, if you have not watched the series in years, the story provides ample flashbacks, which I question whether some of them were unused footage, from the show. Perhaps a criticism would be that the movie relies too much on flashbacks. But the flashbacks aren’t, for the majority, of scenes in the series. Rather, we see more of what happened to Jessie in the months of his captivity. These events are paramount to the actions Jessie takes upon being a fugitive.

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2019/10/27/el-camino-fitting-epilogue-breaking-bad/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: El Camino: A fitting epilogue for Breaking Bad
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 09:10:37 pm »
   Streaming on Netflix.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: El Camino: A fitting epilogue for Breaking Bad
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 09:22:49 pm »
   Streaming on Netflix.

Like so many others, loved BB.  This is a decent prologue of the story, but sure didn't meet my lofty expectations.  (IMO)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.