Author Topic: TSA Employees Vent About Management, Passengers on Private Facebook Page  (Read 714 times)

Online mountaineer

TSA Employees Vent About Management, Passengers on Private Facebook Page
 By Scott MacFarlane, Rick Yarborough and Jeff Piper
Published 2 hours ago
A private Facebook page with more than 18,000 current or former employees of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration has included comments critical of passengers and managers, some with racist, violent or crude overtones.

A News4 I-Team investigation found a series of posts and exchanges in which members of the group use vulgarities to describe passengers and colleagues.

In one post, a TSA employee wrote, “F***ing idiots of the world making my job harder. I hope your plane blows up.” His social media profile indicates the employee works at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.

In a different post, a member of the Facebook page wrote, “How the f*** do these passengers wake up and get themselves dressed in the morning and make it to the airport without getting themselves killed? Cause these people are pretty f***ing stupid.” ...
More from NBC4, Washington DC
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: TSA Employees Vent About Management, Passengers on Private Facebook Page
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 08:39:31 pm »
Kinda agree with the agents.   If you travel by air regularly for business you can see 1st hand how stupid and ill mannered the average airline passenger is today. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 09:20:13 pm »
Kinda agree with the agents.   If you travel by air regularly for business you can see 1st hand how stupid and ill mannered the average airline passenger is today.

I haven't flown since a couple of years pre-9/11. Even then things were going down hill. Sad to think that I once loved to fly and will never again.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 09:26:26 pm »

I haven't flown since a couple of years pre-9/11. Even then things were going down hill. Sad to think that I once loved to fly and will never again.

Everything went to hell in 78 when Jimmah the Peanut deregulated the industry. It took about 10 years to feel the effects.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 09:46:43 pm »
Most of the TSA agents with whom I've come into contact have been, well, less than brilliant. I got the full pat down search the last time I flew - twice - for absolutely no reason. I remained pleasant and courteous, for whatever good that did me.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 09:50:44 pm »

I won't fly any longer either.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 09:52:30 pm »
Most of the TSA agents with whom I've come into contact have been, well, less than brilliant. I got the full pat down search the last time I flew - twice - for absolutely no reason. I remained pleasant and courteous, for whatever good that did me.

I get the full Muhammad Atta treatment every time I fly. I must fit some kind of profile.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 09:56:16 pm »
They say "flight Shaming" is catching on and the airlines are worried.

Offline kidd

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 02:38:10 am »
I worked as an agent in the late 70s/early 80s.
We were supposed to hand search every tenth person. In reality it was closer to every hundredth person.
Assuming the rules are similar now, it was simply your turn.

Offline kidd

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 02:44:38 am »

Yes. Passengers are treated like cattle.
Luggage limitations. No leg room. Planes full of people with colds and coughs.

My break even point to fly or drive for domestic travel is now up to an 8 hour drive.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 11:19:22 pm »
I will mock you, just because I can.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 11:36:40 pm »
I get the full Muhammad Atta treatment every time I fly. I must fit some kind of profile.

Try disguising yourself as something other than having a fit profile.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley