Author Topic: Susan Rice Complains That Trump Should Have Informed Obama About Killing ISIS  (Read 744 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Former National Security Adviser and documented liar Susan Rice complained on Sunday that President Donald Trump did not inform former President Barack Obama about the raid in which ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was killed.

“Well obviously it’s a major milestone and it’s one that we all should be welcoming quite plainly, but it doesn’t mean that the fight against ISIS is over. And it doesn’t mean that we can declare mission accomplished, and just walk away,” Rice said. “What we’ve seen time and time again in this part of the world is that when the pressure is relieved on terrorist organizations, whether al-Qaeda or ISIS, they are able to reconstitute. So we need to be vigilant. We need to maintain a minimal presence in order to ensure that the pressure stays on ISIS and they don’t come back roaring.”

“Do you know, was President Obama informed of the death of al-Baghdadi by the administration?” Brennan asked.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/susan-rice-complains-that-trump-should-have-informed-obama-about-killing-isis-leader?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“Do you know, was President Obama informed of the death of al-Baghdadi by the administration?” Brennan asked.

Send this to Obama .... wrapped in a newspaper.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Send this to Obama .... wrapped in a newspaper.

Oh My!   LOL

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LMAO

It was O'Bama's fault al-Baghdadi came to his murderous power..he was held in a prison at Camp Bucca where my son was an MP...O'Bama released them or transferred to other countries who then released them...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Why would Bammy need to be informed?  Since when does a former president need notification, unless that president may have an interest in what is about to happen?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I thought he informed Jimmy Carter, who was supposed to pass it on to 0bama?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline PeteS in CA

Why would Bammy need to be informed?  Since when does a former president need notification, unless that president may have an interest in what is about to happen?

With Congress there is some "need to know", though not necessarily in advance. With a former President? There is zero need to know. Let 'em learn via TV, radio, or print.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Wingnut

He fell down (again) and couldn't get up to tell Obama.

Offline dfwgator

And he told two friends, then they told two friends....and so on...and so on...and so on...and so on...and so on...

Offline libertybele

He fell down (again) and couldn't get up to tell Obama.

Geez, you'd think he'd have one of those handy dandy medical alert systems.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

As an aside, JEC did have a fall very recently, breaking his pelvis. I will be at least mildly surprised if he lives to see next year's Presidential election. I used to think JEC was a terrible President but a decent human being. His last 10+ years of basically open antisemitism has altered that latter part of how I viewed him.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Wingnut

As an aside, JEC did have a fall very recently, breaking his pelvis. I will be at least mildly surprised if he lives to see next year's Presidential election. I used to think JEC was a terrible President but a decent human being. His last 10+ years of basically open antisemitism has altered that latter part of how I viewed him.

He decided in his last years of life to fight obama for the title of "the worst president ever".  He wants to be number one in something.  Lest we forget that failed raid in 1980 in Iran by our feckless leader.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 10:57:08 pm by The Ghost »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He decided in his last years of life to fight obama for the title of "the worst president ever".  He wants to be number one in something.  Lest we forget that failed raid in 1980 in Iran by our feckless leader.

Hubby and I were talking about that today....I hate to defend Carter but he didn't plan that raid, only signed off on it...the Generals who planned this are mostly responsible
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

Hubby and I were talking about that today....I hate to defend Carter but he didn't plan that raid, only signed off on it...the Generals who planned this are mostly responsible

Well, that is true but carter gutted the defense budget and set us up for failure.

Offline PeteS in CA

Well, that is true but carter gutted the defense budget and set us up for failure.

IIRC, the gutting started during the Nixon Administration. The Dems controlled Congress, and whatever Nixon's or Ford's inclinations, they pretty much took whatever Congress handed to them. At the very end I think JEC realized what the continual slashing of Defense had done, but too little too late. The F-117 did have its major go-ahead in JEC's Administration (OTOH, the B-1 was "killed", and the F-18 had a narrow escape).

Online Wingnut

IIRC, the gutting started during the Nixon Administration. The Dems controlled Congress, and whatever Nixon's or Ford's inclinations, they pretty much took whatever Congress handed to them. At the very end I think JEC realized what the continual slashing of Defense had done, but too little too late. The F-117 did have its major go-ahead in JEC's Administration (OTOH, the B-1 was "killed", and the F-18 had a narrow escape).

I believe your facts are correct.  Having said that CArter did nothing to correct the "gap"

Offline PeteS in CA

I believe your facts are correct.  Having said that CArter did nothing to correct the "gap"

The state of the military in the late 80s was pretty sad.

Has anyone done much reading on the decision process for the raid that took out OBL? In the very little I've done I saw no indication that GWB was notified beforehand. I'm not say he should have - IMO, he had no need to know, and should not have been - but I suspect Rice is being hypocritical with her whine.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Speaking of gutting the defense budget the worst was with Clinton..hubby still talks about how they would cannibalize one chopper for another...and how all the Chinese screws, nuts and bolts failed leading to several chopper crashes and groundings... :smokin:
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Obammy can find out what's happening by watching the TV news, like he always did.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Petty and useless Rice with a side of jealousy

Offline mountaineer

I used to think JEC was a terrible President but a decent human being. His last 10+ years of basically open antisemitism has altered that latter part of how I viewed him.
His Carter Foundation is too deeply pro-Palestinian - and thus, too supportive of terroristic acts committed against Israel - for my liking.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Actually Bush was notified by Obama.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george-bush-reacts-publicly-osama-bin-laden-death/story?id=13592860

"I was eating souffle at Rise Restaurant with Laura and two buddies," Bush said when asked what he was doing when he received the call from President Obama, according to an ABC News contributor who attended the event.

"I excused myself and went home to take the call," Bush said. "Obama simply said 'Osama Bin Laden is dead.'"

Bush said Obama described in detail the secret mission to raid bin Laden's Pakistani compound and the decision he made to put the plan into motion. He told Obama, "Good call."

Also confirmed by NPR: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2011/05/13/136276774/president-bush-obama-made-a-good-call-on-bin-laden-mission  as well as Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-binladen-bush/bush-tells-obama-on-bin-laden-good-call-idUSTRE74C4J820110513

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Actually Bush was notified by Obama.

There's a major difference. Bush was trying to find and kill OBL while Bammy let al Baghdadi loose.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
There's a major difference. Bush was trying to find and kill OBL while Bammy let al Baghdadi loose.

I thought the subject of this OP was concerning our standard protocol norms for notifying an ex-president however let's not let facts get in the way.

In my view as well as many others, Bush actually outsourced to the Afghan Army at Tora Bora which allowed OBL safe passage into Pakistan.  It is well known that Afghan Commander Ghamsharik and some of his fellow Khugani tribesmen offered the Arabs "safe passage" out of Tora Bora.  We can argue if this was the correct decision at the time however the fact remains that we had OBL surrounded.

As far as al Baghdadi, per the Pentagon, he was released in 2004:

“Ibrahim Awad Ibrahim Al Badry, also known as ‘Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’ was held as a ‘civilian internee’ by U.S. Forces-Iraq from early February 2004 until early December 2004, when he was released. He was held at Camp Bucca. A Combined Review and Release Board recommended ‘unconditional release’ of this detainee and he was released from U.S. custody shortly thereafter. We have no record of him being held at any other time.”

and

al-Baghdadi’s detainee records through a 2015 Freedom of Information Act request. The official documents show that al-Baghdadi was captured on Feb. 4, 2004, and that the date of his release was Dec. 8, 2004.

https://www.businessinsider.com/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-declassified-iraq-prison-file-2015-2

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman