Author Topic: This Sonofab*tch Wants to Make Bad Words Illegal!  (Read 179 times)

rangerrebew

This Sonofab*tch Wants to Make Bad Words Illegal!
« on: October 28, 2019, 04:05:16 pm »
This Sonofab*tch Wants to Make Bad Words Illegal!

Have you heard of the Massachusetts Democratic Rep. Daniel J. Hunt? Have you heard about his newest proposed legislation? Chances are pretty good that if you’ve heard of his latest bill, then you’ve heard of him, or if you know the name, then it is likely because of this bill. Either way, if you are familiar and are also a red-blooded American, then you probably have found yourself in either one of two places. That being, either amused to the point of laughter or angry enough to bite nails in two.

While the first option is a reasonable and understandable reaction, there is such a thing as righteous anger. If it wasn’t such a serious issue, then it could be simply laughable. This, however, is a serious issue and it even goes beyond threatening our civil liberties. You know, like freedom of speech.

https://americanpeopledaily.com/this-sonofabtch-wants-to-make-bad-words-illegal/

rangerrebew

Re: This Sonofab*tch Wants to Make Bad Words Illegal!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 04:06:46 pm »
First they ban the spoken word then they will ban the printed words (books). :woohoo:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 04:07:10 pm »
The only speech that needs protecting is offensive speech.

That which does not create offense is never endangered.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 04:10:04 pm »
Moved to Editorial.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 06:11:50 pm »
Good to know.

Is he also going to be the Master of All Words and tell us what else we can't say or hear?

Who needs any of that "free speech" stuff,anyway?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 06:13:03 pm »
First they ban the spoken word then they will ban the printed words (books). :woohoo:

@rangerrebew

That would pretty much be a waste of time. Nobody reads books anymore,anyway. At most,they will download books that read themselves to the retards that downloaded them.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 07:01:06 pm »
@rangerrebew
That would pretty much be a waste of time. Nobody reads books anymore,anyway. At most,they will download books that read themselves to the retards that downloaded them.
------------------------------------
Those who preceded us, wrote books while we moderns either can't or won't read them.
Yet isn't it obvious that we are the greatest ever?????

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 07:13:46 pm »
------------------------------------
Those who preceded us, wrote books while we moderns either can't or won't read them.
Yet isn't it obvious that we are the greatest ever?????

@Absalom

Good point!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 08:54:33 pm »
Over 100 years ago my kin fined drunks and scalawags that cursed (and spit) in front of ladies. Bad language was always something you didn't do in public for the most part. In front of your friends was another thing, but the public didn't have to always listen to your rap music with MF and GD constantly blaring at 120dbs. It wasn't tolerated.

I don't see why folks think this is something new. -- A few years ago on the house of the state (Alabama) floor the lead democrat (Lowell Barron) got punched for calling another member a SoB. Perhaps the new part that does concern me is the one witness requirement... that sets the law up to be misused by a society that has no problem lying to get back at someone that don't like. Even requiring two people to witness against another can be used maliciously. Example: the other day Hillary used Jezebel (Biblical character) as a slam against Trump's wife... Jezebel had two people make a false lie against an honorable land owner (She and the king wanted his land) and for that reason they stoned him to death and the king claimed his land.

I guess as with any law, it can be misused, but don't count me in when supporting public cursing, just in when the left starts making every word that describes them as in the list of words that are considered vulgar.

Below is a picture of one of the affidavits issued locally by my distant kin over 100 years ago. The charge (hard to read) was "Profane Language in the presence of ladies at a public place"....

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:02:42 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 09:02:35 pm »
I guess as with any law, it can be misused, but don't count me in when supporting public cursing, just in when the left starts making every word that describes them as in the list of words that are considered vulgar.

The question is whether the fed or the state should pass such laws, rather than local ordinance where such things are usually done.

And it is not the profanity they are targeting... This is social justice BS.