Author Topic: Pelosi Criticizes Trump For Handling Of Baghdadi Raid As World Leaders Praise Him  (Read 376 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi Criticizes Trump For Handling Of Baghdadi Raid As World Leaders Praise Him
Carmine Sabia By Carmine Sabia
Published October 27, 2019 at 10:24am

Democrats have become deranged, even more deranged than usual, and are so obsessed with being against President Donald Trump they cannot celebrate America.

That was shown on Sunday in many ways, one of which was a statement from House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi on the killing of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

“Americans salute the heroism, dedication and skill of our military and our intelligence professionals and acknowledge the work of our partners in the region.  We are relieved that no U.S. personnel died in this daring raid.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/pelosi-criticizes-trump-handling-baghdadi-raid-world-leaders-praise
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:02:11 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The House must be briefed on this raid, which the Russians but not top Congressional Leadership were notified of in advance

That's because you can't be trusted, Ms. Pelosi.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PeteS in CA

The House must be briefed on this raid, which the Russians but not top Congressional Leadership were notified of in advance ...

That's because Russia has military assets in the area, while Schiffty is in DC.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

Trump has addressed the American public.  He I believe has 48 hours to notify Congress.  Case closed Nancy. You and your minions can't be trusted.  He handled it just fine, the raid was successful and an ISIS leader is dead.  What's to complain about Nancy?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:09:00 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That's because you can't be trusted, Ms. Pelosi.
I'm proud of Trump. He has finally learned that Democrats and NeverTrumps cannot be trusted, with anything. Had he realized this when he first took office, as many of us did, he could have saved himself and the country a lot of problems.

Those people will shit on America in a heartbeat to damage his Presidency. No ethics. No morals. No concern for 'the troops' or for human life in general. No laws or rules apply. The only thing Democrats care about is their own personal positions and power. Trump is a threat to that. So they will do absolutely anything to destroy him.

If warning ISIS of an attack will thwart a Trump administration success, they would do it without a second thought.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm proud of Trump. He has finally learned that Democrats and NeverTrumps cannot be trusted, with anything. Had he realized this when he first took office, as many of us did, he could have saved himself and the country a lot of problems.

Those people will shit on America in a heartbeat to damage his Presidency. No ethics. No morals. No concern for 'the troops' or for human life in general. No laws or rules apply. The only thing Democrats care about is their own personal positions and power. Trump is a threat to that. So they will do absolutely anything to destroy him.

If warning ISIS of an attack will thwart a Trump administration success, they would do it without a second thought.

I am 100% certain that if Trump had notified Pelosi in advance of the raid, she would have tipped off the enemy to prevent any Trump "success."  That brave American soldiers would have been killed as a result is just eggs being broken to make an omelet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

I am 100% certain that if Trump had notified Pelosi in advance of the raid, she would have tipped off the enemy to prevent any Trump "success."  That brave American soldiers would have been killed as a result is just eggs being broken to make an omelet.

....or she and her minions would have hopped aboard the next plane to the ME.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
....or she and her minions would have hopped aboard the next plane to the ME.

Didn't she recently return from such a trip?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

Didn't she recently return from such a trip?

Yes she did; she made a 'surprise' trip to Jordan.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Absalom

The success of any clandestine operation is due to surprise driven by silence.
Now, hopefully Trump will see the wisdom of closing his door to the media,
his mortal enemy.

Offline libertybele

Offline PeteS in CA

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2019/10/28/trump-didnt-tell-schiff-baghdadi-operation/

Trump: We Didn’t Tell Schiff About Baghdadi Operation Because …

Take this multiple-choice quiz as to the reason Donald Trump gave for shining on House Intelligence chair Adam Schiff about the Baghdadi operation. Was it (a) considered fully within the purview of the White House due to ongoing operations, (b) too touch-and-go to follow normal protocol, or (c) because Schiff routinely leaks like a sieve?

When Trump first announced al-Baghdadi’s death Sunday morning, he said he decided not to tell officials, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, because he was afraid leaks could compromise the mission. Speaking to reporters Monday morning, he singled out House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., as the focus of those concerns.

“The only thing is they were talking about why didn’t I give the information to Adam Schiff and his committee, and the answer is because I think Adam Schiff is the biggest leaker in Washington,” Trump said. “You know that, I know that, we all know that. I’ve watched Adam Schiff leak. He’s a corrupt politician. He’s a leaker like nobody has ever seen before.”

So in effect, it’s both (a) and (c), but mainly (c). We can also throw in a dash of (d), too — revenge. Trump has watched Schiff’s ad hoc impeachment inquiry employ selective leaks from depositions over the last couple of weeks in order to build a public narrative for his impeachment. Why would he invite Schiff in on one of his most important military achievements, especially when he has the leaker excuse to exclude him?

Perhaps he was obligated to include him, as our own Taylor Millard argued last night, but that’s not quite as clear-cut as Taylor suggested. Taylor relied on 50 USC 3093 to argue that federal law requires notification to intel committee leadership when covert operations are undertaken, but that law specifically applies to intelligence agencies, not the military. ...

However, the raid on Baghdadi was a military operation, not a CIA covert op. It used intelligence garnered from a number of agencies, not all of them American, but the raid itself was conducted by military special forces under the command of the Pentagon. As such, 50 USC 3093 does not apply. ...
... blatant leakers and demagogues like Schiff who are presently spending their time attempting to impeach Trump. That understandably tends to limit the invitations one gets from the White House for special events.  Under the circumstances, it’s tough to blame Trump for (a), (c), or (d).

The above gives a very decent over-view of the legal intricacies of required notification. The bottom line is that Trump was not required to notify Congress before the operation.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/isis-broken-but-leader-slipped-away-due-to-leak-says-key-general

ISIS broken, but leader slipped away due to leak, says key general  (2017 article)

“We have absolutely dismantled his network,”  Gen. Tony Thomas, speaking of Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, said at the Aspen Security Forum. “I mean everyone who worked for him initially is dead or gone. Everybody who stepped to the plate the next time [is] dead or gone. Down through a network where we have killed, in a conservative estimate, 60,000 to 70,000 of his followers, his army.”

In a wide-ranging interview moderated by Fox News' Catherine Herridge, Thomas, who leads the Special Operations Command, said his team was “particularly close” to Baghdadi after the 2015 raid that killed ISIS oil minister Abu Sayyaf. That raid also netted his wife, who provided a wealth of actionable information.

“That was a very good lead. Unfortunately, it was leaked in a prominent national newspaper about a week later and that lead went dead,” Thomas said. “The challenge we have [is] in terms of where and how our tactics and procedures are discussed openly. There's a great need to inform the American public about what we're up to. There's also great need to recognize things that will absolutely undercut our ability to do our job.”

Thomas appeared to be referring to a New York Times report in June 2015 that detailed how American intelligence agencies had “extracted valuable information.”

My emphasis. If Trump was thinking of Pelosi-Schiffty-et-al hatred and leakiness in the immediate sense, it is likely that he remembered this or was reminded of it by his military advisers. Pelosi-Schiffty-et-al have shown they are unworthy of trust, but DC has shown itself generally leaky and MSM outlets like the NYT all too ready to screw over US military efforts and people to sell a few extra papers or get a few extra clicks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:36:29 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

The House must be briefed on this raid, which the Russians but not top Congressional Leadership were notified of in advance ...

Even in a seemingly simple statement, Pelosi was disingenuous:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/27/trump-did-not-brief-pelosi-and-other-top-congressional-leaders-on-baghdadi-raid.html

Trump did not brief Pelosi and other top congressional leaders on Baghdadi raid

Trump suggested during a press conference on Sunday morning that Russia was notified because U.S. forces flew through its airspace.

“But the flight in, the flight out, was a very, very dangerous part,” President Trump said. “There was a chance that we would have met unbelievable fire. Russia treated us great. They opened up. We had to fly over certain Russia areas, Russia-held areas. Russia was great. Iraq was excellent. We really had great cooperation.”

Trump said Russia didn’t know why the U.S. was flying into Syria, however.

What I quoted is at the very bottom of the article.

Online berdie

Yes she did; she made a 'surprise' trip to Jordan.

And as I recall...she met with Assad during the W admin (against US advice.) They are buddies. Yep...that's who I would let know of my intent.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

From what I had read, we needed to alert Russia as it had control over the area of Syria where the tunnel king killed himself.

Imagine not letting Russia know and our Delta Force being shot down by the Russians.

That is the way Jimmy Carter would play it, and it would fail spectacularly.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

From what I had read, we needed to alert Russia as it had control over the area of Syria where the tunnel king killed himself.

Imagine not letting Russia know and our Delta Force being shot down by the Russians.

I think Miss Nancy understands that perfectly well, but believes US voters are too stupid to see through her attempted deception.