Author Topic: Veterans face more delays on Agent Orange relief  (Read 349 times)

rangerrebew

Veterans face more delays on Agent Orange relief
« on: October 27, 2019, 12:57:38 pm »

Veterans face more delays on Agent Orange relief

By Perry Chiaramonte | Fox News

Military service members looking for compensation after their exposure to the herbicide and defoliant chemical known as Agent Orange during the Vietnam War are still fighting an uphill battle.

For over two years, tens of thousands of veterans have been waiting on a promise for the Department of Veterans Affairs to add three more health conditions to the list of diseases that are eligible for Agent Orange benefits. But now that the Trump administration officials have nixed the initiative, the promise may be left unfulfilled.

Back in October 2017, then-VA Secretary David Shulkin decided to add three health conditions – bladder cancer, Parkinson’s-like symptoms and hypothyroidism – to the list of diseases eligible to be related to Agent Orange, but White House Officials and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Director Mick Mulvaney objected, according to documents provided to Military Times.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/veterans-face-more-delays-on-agent-orange-relief

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: Veterans face more delays on Agent Orange relief
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 01:09:41 pm »
While many of the specifics behind the OMB’s opposition were redacted, the Times' report said the office had concerns that not only was the scientific evidence lacking, but the expansion would have a severe impact on the budget.

The only thing on earth our government cares about saving money on is the very last thing it should question.

What say we provide treatment, until there's sufficient evidence that AO WASN'T the cause.  And then keep on providing treatment as a token step towards making up for treating our vets like spit.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 06:33:23 pm »
The only thing on earth our government cares about saving money on is the very last thing it should question.

What say we provide treatment, until there's sufficient evidence that AO WASN'T the cause.  And then keep on providing treatment as a token step towards making up for treating our vets like spit.

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

ALL of these veterans are in their early 70's or older,so how the HELL can this affect the budget? The DoD probably has a budget to buy M&M's that costs more than this would.

I am also an Agent Orange vet. Got medievaced from VN in late 1969 with what later became symptoms of AO exposure. I THINK I was one of the first 12 veterans to get awarded compensation for AO exposure. They only gave me 30 percent,and were so pissy about that they took away 10 percent of my bad back compensation to keep me from getting compensation at a high enough rate to get better treatment.  The joke was on them for that. The Post Office had refused to hire me before based on me having a history of back problems,and once the VA made it official that I no longer have a bad back,they had to hire me. I wish I had a photo of the face of the leftist punk in charge of hiring when I whipped out an official letter from the VA taking away my back compensation because "patient no longer has a bad back".

My most recent experience with the VA happened several months ago when I was in the hospital recovering from heart bypass surgery,and having a stent installed. That was when I also found out I have Stage 4 Lymphoma . When the dust settled and I presented the bills to the VA ( I have been rated at being 100 percent disabled by the VA since the late 80's) they refused to pay any of the hospital bills because I didn't report them to the VA within 48 hours of treatment.

You would think most people would understand how it's tough to gather all your bills together and do that while still in intensive care,but most people don't work for the VA claims dept.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 08:22:56 am »
Crap, Pete, they have been trying to run out the clock on this, and GWS as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 11:04:24 am »

I am also an Agent Orange vet.    :patriot:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 10:41:18 pm »
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

ALL of these veterans are in their early 70's or older,so how the HELL can this affect the budget? The DoD probably has a budget to buy M&M's that costs more than this would.

I am also an Agent Orange vet. Got medievaced from VN in late 1969 with what later became symptoms of AO exposure. I THINK I was one of the first 12 veterans to get awarded compensation for AO exposure. They only gave me 30 percent,and were so pissy about that they took away 10 percent of my bad back compensation to keep me from getting compensation at a high enough rate to get better treatment.  The joke was on them for that. The Post Office had refused to hire me before based on me having a history of back problems,and once the VA made it official that I no longer have a bad back,they had to hire me. I wish I had a photo of the face of the leftist punk in charge of hiring when I whipped out an official letter from the VA taking away my back compensation because "patient no longer has a bad back".

My most recent experience with the VA happened several months ago when I was in the hospital recovering from heart bypass surgery,and having a stent installed. That was when I also found out I have Stage 4 Lymphoma . When the dust settled and I presented the bills to the VA ( I have been rated at being 100 percent disabled by the VA since the late 80's) they refused to pay any of the hospital bills because I didn't report them to the VA within 48 hours of treatment.

You would think most people would understand how it's tough to gather all your bills together and do that while still in intensive care,but most people don't work for the VA claims dept.
If only our Vets were treated as well as the illegals in America. Here's an answer to their budget concern, strip every last cent from programs and gifts too illegal aliens and spend it on people who actually deserve it..............the veterans who put their lives and health on the line for America!

Online berdie

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 10:53:05 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 11:33:54 pm »
If only our Vets were treated as well as the illegals in America. Here's an answer to their budget concern, strip every last cent from programs and gifts too illegal aliens and spend it on people who actually deserve it..............the veterans who put their lives and health on the line for America!

@GtHawk

It's a little late for VN vets,but unfortunately there are plenty of injured and sick vets from more recent deployments that sure could use some help.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!