Author Topic: Iran Continues to Execute Children  (Read 355 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iran Continues to Execute Children
« on: October 26, 2019, 02:59:40 am »
Iran Continues to Execute Children

Javaid Rehman says 7 minors were put to death last year and 2 so far this year; killings come despite human rights law prohibiting the death penalty for anyone under the age of 18

Iran executed seven child offenders last year and two so far this year even though human rights law prohibits the death penalty for anyone under age 18, a UN independent human rights expert said Wednesday.

Javaid Rehman also told the U.N. General Assembly’s human rights committee that he has “credible information” there are at least 90 child offenders currently on death row in Iran.

Read more at: https://www.iranfocus.com/en/human-rights/34002-iran-continues-to-execute-children

I don't think the article pinpoints exactly what the "kids" did though.

Online DB

Re: Iran Continues to Execute Children
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 03:17:18 am »
How is that any worse than killing kids in the womb?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 09:44:17 pm »
Iran is brutal.  With Russia and Turkeys help they are gaining from the U.S. pullout in Syria.  Which also brings to mind that Trump recently entertained removing sanctions on Iran.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-flirts-with-dollar15-billion-bailout-for-iran-sources-say
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 09:49:20 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 09:54:42 pm »
I guess GOP Briefing Room, is finally becoming "Orange Man  Bad" 24-7

'Trump now responsiblefor dead children in Iran'

what was the point in repairing the place, for this?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 10:57:01 pm »
I have no problems with the execution of "minors" (persons under 18 years of age) -- provided that the crimes committed warrant such punishment. No problems at all.

However, just what are these Iranian "children" charged with...?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 11:08:32 pm »
I have no problems with the execution of "minors" (persons under 18 years of age) -- provided that the crimes committed warrant such punishment. No problems at all.

However, just what are these Iranian "children" charged with...?

That is the question.  At least it would be in a country that isn't brutal like Iran.  Sharia Law is brutal.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 11:10:01 pm »
I guess GOP Briefing Room, is finally becoming "Orange Man  Bad" 24-7

'Trump now responsiblefor dead children in Iran'

what was the point in repairing the place, for this?

It is in your own power to invest in some good pro Trump threads and posts.  I am outnumbered bigly here, but all you can do is complain.  Post something for goodness sakes.