Author Topic: Washington Nationals Snub POTUS, Invite Prominent Anti-Trump Chef To Throw First Pitch At World Seri  (Read 1765 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Washington Nationals Snub POTUS, Invite Prominent Anti-Trump Chef To Throw First Pitch At World Series

Amber Athey
White House Correspondent
October 25, 2019 1:41 PM ET

The Washington Nationals confirmed Friday that they did not invite President Donald Trump to throw out the first pitch during Game five of the World Series against the Houston Astros.

Instead, the Major League Baseball (MLB) team gave the honors to José Andrés, a celebrity chef who owns several restaurants in the DC area and has been highly critical of the president.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/25/washington-nationals-jose-andres-donald-trump-world-series-first-pitch/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

A cook? Whatever. Not sure I'd want to see Trump attempt to throw a first pitch - he doesn't strike me as very athletic (although I should point out that he probably could do better than the pansy who previously occupied the Oval Office);  see this.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
A cook? Whatever. Not sure I'd want to see Trump attempt to throw a first pitch - he doesn't strike me as very athletic (although I should point out that he probably could do better than the pansy who previously occupied the Oval Office);  see this.
@mountaineer
Just because a man is a screwball doesn't mean he can throw one.  wink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I’ve seen him on the Food Network.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
POTUS was an all-star on his military academy's baseball team.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

According to @EasyAce (our Resident Expert on such matters) there may not be a 5th game anyway.   :tongue2:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

According to @EasyAce (our Resident Expert on such matters) there may not be a 5th game anyway.   :tongue2:
Remember that your resident expert on such matters only said "may," not "won't." I'm not rash enough to predict the outcomes of baseball games in general and the World Series in particular.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online DCPatriot

Probably will go five...I don't think it will go back to Houston.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

Probably will go five...I don't think it will go back to Houston.
@DCPatriot
You could be right. We'll know soon enough.

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot
You could be right. We'll know soon enough.

@EasyAce

Are we going to use this thread or are you starting one?  LOL!

Here we go!!!    :2popcorn:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Pretty good with a football, too  :laugh:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online corbe

I'm just trying to get your Goat @EasyAce ya know I love ya.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That article has a great side-by-side comparison of GWB and Obummer throwing out first pitches.  Dubya threw a strike, and Zero threw what would have been a wild pitch into the dugout. :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Washington may have jinxed themselves with this move. They are having a lot more problems tonight while in that 2nd game, they looked like gangbusters.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think Buzz Aldrin did pretty good, for being a half-century since he walked on the Moon.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

I'm just trying to get your Goat @EasyAce ya know I love ya.
@corbe

Nice try, but . . .

wink777

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Look at his cap.  No bias there huh?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EasyAce

Look at his cap.  No bias there huh?
@catfish1957
Actually, I'm trying to find cats wearing all 30 MLB caps. If and when the Series moves back to Houston, hopefully I'll have one with an Astro cap on top. (I just hope it won't be a black cat! I ain't superstitious, but why take chances?)

So far all I've found otherwise is . . .

. . . and this . . .

. . . and, a dog crawling through the back of an adjustable Yankee cap, which may seem appropriate enough.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:38:56 am by EasyAce »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@catfish1957

Grumpy Cat would have been a Diamondbacks fan. She lived in a small town between Phoenix and Wickenberg called "Morristown."
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

Grumpy Cat would have been a Diamondbacks fan. She lived in a small town between Phoenix and Wickenberg called "Morristown."
@Cyber Liberty
She might have been a fan of several teams this year, all things considered.  wink777

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
She might have been a fan of several teams this year, all things considered.  wink777

She did travel a lot.  I'm afraid she passed away a few months ago.   :crying:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

How appropriate that dear Grumpy lived in a town named after another kitty.

Offline EasyAce

How appropriate that dear Grumpy lived in a town named after another kitty.
@Gefn
@catfish1957

My planned avatar for if and when the Series goes back to Houston:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@EasyAce
@Cyber Liberty

I think next spring to honor my dad, I will look for a kitty or puppy in a Brooklyn Dodgers hat.