Author Topic: Senate Dems on Hillary Clinton 2020: 'Absolutely not'  (Read 213 times)

Offline corbe

Senate Dems on Hillary Clinton 2020: 'Absolutely not'
« on: October 25, 2019, 02:52:05 am »
Senate Dems on Hillary Clinton 2020: 'Absolutely not'

By Burgess Everett and Marianne LeVine

3 hrs ago

Hillary Clinton isn't running for president — nor should she, say her former Democratic colleagues in the Senate.

As one of her top aides keeps the door open to a 2020 run, a host of Democratic senators are sending a polite warning to the failed 2016 nominee: Don’t do it.

“She’s done a great service to our country and public service and I supported her wholeheartedly but I believe it’s time for another nominee,” said Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.).

In fact, in the unlikely event that Clinton took a last-minute plunge into the primary, she might struggle to win the backing of any Democrats from a chamber in which she served for eight years.

Clinton has plenty of good will in the 47-member Democratic Caucus. Most of them like and respect her for her service and still smart over her 2016 loss to Trump. But the sentiment that her time has passed is one shared by moderates and liberals alike.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-dems-on-hillary-clinton-2020-absolutely-not/ar-AAJjtx8?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Re: Senate Dems on Hillary Clinton 2020: 'Absolutely not'
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 12:26:55 pm »
Clinton running is nothing more than hype.  If she's truly thinking of running she is delusional if she thinks she can beat Warren.  I honestly am expecting Michael Obama to jump in at the very last minute. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Senate Dems on Hillary Clinton 2020: 'Absolutely not'
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 02:04:28 pm »
Senate dems don't want her - one more reason we should continue to hope she does run. If anybody in the party thought she was the answer to their problems they'd be begging her to run. Everyone but Clinton can hear the deafening silence.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA