Author Topic: Thai king strips consort of titles for 'disloyalty'  (Read 263 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thai king strips consort of titles for 'disloyalty'
« on: October 21, 2019, 09:09:55 pm »
Thai king strips consort of titles for 'disloyalty'

Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi, pictured here piloting a fighter jet, was appointed the king's royal consort in July

Thailand's King Vajiralongkorn has stripped his royal consort of her rank and titles for "misbehaviour and disloyalty against the monarch".

An official announcement said Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi had been "ambitious" and tried to "elevate herself to the same state as the queen".

"The royal consort's behaviours were considered disrespectful," it said.

King Vajiralongkorn and his consort pose at the Grand Palace in Bangkok

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50128866

Was the #1 world news story at the BBC, of course, they should dump this tradition imo, it had not been used by a King for a very long time, before this recent royal ceremony.  I'm sure it's controversial over there.  Differing cultures but it doesn't go over well with me.

Online berdie

Re: Thai king strips consort of titles for 'disloyalty'
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 09:51:31 pm »
That's a pretty convoluted story. I thought I was going to have to make a t chart to figure out what was going on. 333cleo

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Thai king strips consort of titles for 'disloyalty'
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 10:33:43 pm »
That's a pretty convoluted story. I thought I was going to have to make a t chart to figure out what was going on. 333cleo

She needs to look on the bright side, she isn't in 16th century England.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.