Author Topic: ALCS - GAME 2 YANKEES at ASTROS  (Read 783 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
ALCS - GAME 2 YANKEES at ASTROS
« on: October 14, 2019, 12:49:10 am »
Maybe @EasyAce  is at the game and all of you nice Astro fans are watching but.....

Two outs...two on (2nd and 3rd), ahead 1-0 and hitting in the bottom of the 2nd
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: ALCS - GAME 2 YANKEES at ASTROS
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 12:52:38 am »
Paxton get two on K's...Marisnick for the last out.

Astros leave 2 RISP with 1 and 2 out.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 01:12:53 am »
Paxon leaves for Green after 2-1/3 innings, with Bregman coming up with runners on 1st and 2nd.

Bregman barrels a 0-2 pitch to Left Field, but right at the Yankee defender for the 2nd out.

...and Alvarez gets under one and flies out lazily to Shortstop.

one more RISP left out there....    :bolt:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:17:07 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 01:24:14 am »
Aaron Judge goes yard to Center and puts the Yankees on top 2-1

Middle of the 4th complete
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:31:03 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 01:39:46 am »
Gurriel lines out to Center for out #1

Correa strikes out for out #2

Chad Green looks hittable...but Chirinos also squares it up...but right at Left Fielder for final out.

2-1 Yankees after four innings.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:41:57 am by DCPatriot »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 05:01:57 am »
What a game! I'm exhausted.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 05:49:26 am »
Won this one, and i am relieved.  Still, the team's bad RISP batting, and automatic outs in the eight and nineth hole is going to come back and bite them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 11:55:58 am »
Won this one, and i am relieved.  Still, the team's bad RISP batting, and automatic outs in the eight and nineth hole is going to come back and bite them.

Also, relieved!    Come on, man!  Make the Yankees cry!    :beer:

BTW...place was a ghost town last night in here.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 01:25:27 pm »

I normally participate in baseball forum GDT's during the regular season.  OTOH... during the playoffs I expend too much nervous energy to watch and post. 

Hope your Nats finish off the Hackers while in DC.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 01:30:02 pm »

It was a Sunday night and so I was not able to be here but I do appreciate your efforts @DCPatriot.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 01:46:13 pm »
It was a Sunday night and so I was not able to be here but I do appreciate your efforts @DCPatriot.

@Bigun
 :beer:

@EasyAce , I ain't!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 01:55:08 pm »
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 04:40:48 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 04:32:14 pm »
Who is?  Other that @EasyAce.   :beer:
@Bigun
@DCPatriot

There is but one EasyAce. And a grateful nation replies, "Thank God! We couldn't put up with two of him!"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 12:51:07 am »
Houston Astros travel to New York and take Game 3, 4-1.

Congratulations!!   May our fantasy of a STROS/NATS World Series come true!