Author Topic: The F-35 of ground warfare: The Army's Land Warrior Program  (Read 163 times)

rangerrebew

The F-35 of ground warfare: The Army's Land Warrior Program
« on: October 12, 2019, 10:31:57 am »
The F-35 of ground warfare: The Army's Land Warrior Program
Buck Clay, SOFREP
Jan 12, 2016, 2:22 PM

Back in 1999, I enlisted in the U.S. Army and started my adventure with basic training. While there, I was subjected to, a new life experience, but I still recall what hanging on the walls of my training company and spontaneously throughout the training post. In what seemed like the hallway of every building were prints that displayed the Army’s Land Warrior Program.

During the course of basic, my fellow initiates and I were being hammered with many foreign acronyms, profanities and new types of pain and sometimes a Drill Sergeant who would point at one of the prints and say, “That is the future, Privates, if you graduate you may just be good enough to be part of it”. From our most push-up posture, we would look up in awe at the cool-guy holding an advanced rifle loaded with all kinds of futuristic optics and wondered if we were to deploy to the Balkans, would we also be so cool.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-f-35-of-ground-warfare-the-armys-land-warrior-program-2016-1