Author Topic: The Impeachment Process in the House of Representatives  (Read 739 times)

Offline OfTheCross

The Impeachment Process in the House of Representatives
« on: October 11, 2019, 11:49:22 am »
Under the U.S. Constitution, the House of Representatives has the power to formally charge a federal officer with wrongdoing, a process known as impeachment. The House impeaches an individual when a majority agrees to a House resolution containing explanations of the charges. The explanations in the resolution are referred to as “articles of impeachment.” After the House agrees to impeach an officer, the role of the Senate is to conduct a trial to determine whether the charged individual should be removed from office. Removal requires a two-thirds vote in the Senate.

everycrsreport

An incredibly detailed write-up on the process.

I haven't seen anything else like it on the web.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online Hoodat

Re: The Impeachment Process in the House of Representatives
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:25:13 pm »
The US Constitution is chock full of info.  You should read it some time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 01:20:02 pm »
The US Constitution is chock full of info.  You should read it some time.

I've read it many times. It's great. But it's short. The OP is much more detailed about this particular thing.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 05:10:02 pm »
I've read it many times. It's great. But it's short. The OP is much more detailed about this particular thing.

Does the article provide any insight on whether "because Hillary lost" qualifies as a high crime or misdemeanor?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 05:24:31 pm »
So are The Federalist Papers.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 06:17:57 pm »
So are The Federalist Papers.

Indeed. The Federalist Papers say that impeachment isn't even necessarily only for crimes.

Look up the reasons for the first impeachment we ever had...a federal judge.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 07:23:11 pm »
That's an interesting website.  Congressional Research Service.  To me, previously CRS was "Can't Remember Squat," in reference to my age....

Noticed this in the About page:

Who we are

EveryCRSReport.com is a project of Demand Progress in collaboration with the Congressional Data Coalition — a bipartisan coalition founded by Demand Progress and the R Street Institute to promote open legislative information.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 09:20:04 pm »
EveryCRSReport.com is a project of Demand Progress

Amazing how certain posters here repeatedly link from hard-left organization websites.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 10:24:20 pm »
Amazing how certain posters here repeatedly link from hard-left organization websites.

Oh yeah, it's noticed.  In this particular case, though, I found the article pretty good.  It's technical stuff, so not subject to bias.  But yes, it's plain to see where some of our friends surf the web.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 01:00:45 am »
One could also say it's amazing how certain posters here repeatedly link from hard-right organization websites.

As long as it's reputable and reliable information we shouldn't judge too harshly.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 01:18:48 am »
@OfTheCross
Most of us here actually paid attention when the only elected President to ever be impeached went through this process in the late 90s.  I am guessing that you are under 35?

btw, still waiting to hear what the impeachable offense is (other than 'Hillary lost).  With the other guy, it was perjury and obstruction of justice which are definitely crimes.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 01:23:48 am »
@OfTheCross
Most of us here actually paid attention when the only elected President to ever be impeached went through this process in the late 90s.  I am guessing that you are under 35?

btw, still waiting to hear what the impeachable offense is (other than 'Hillary lost).  With the other guy, it was perjury and obstruction of justice which are definitely crimes.

Well...if Hamilton said this regarding impeachment:

"The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself."

I'd say that trying to have a foreign government interfere in out upcoming elections, as he's being accused of, qualifies as a violation of some public trust.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 01:39:01 am »
@OfTheCross

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 01:40:37 am »

"The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself."

I'd say that trying to have a foreign government interfere in out upcoming elections, as he's being accused of, qualifies as a violation of some public trust.

Just answer the question that @Hoodat asked you.  Quit dissembling. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2019, 01:54:09 am »
Just answer the question that @Hoodat asked you.  Quit dissembling.

I did.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 02:00:05 am »

And I say if you accept those accusations without review, you are acting like a fool, being lead easily by the nose.   ****sheep****

If you take nothing else from TBR, take a nice slice of healthy skepticism with you.  Never let it go once you find it.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 02:02:11 am »
I did.

No you dint.  You sidestepped it, or put another way, dissembled.

But really, don't put yourself out.  We've already heard and rejected what we've seen so far from the Democrats. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 02:02:14 am »
I did.

No you didn't.  You ducked giving a direct answer to a direct question.  In typical Liberal fashion you went far afield hoping no one would notice.

What impeachable offenses (high crimes and misdemeanors) has Trump committed?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 02:03:44 am »
No you didn't.  You ducked giving a direct answer to a direct question.  In typical Liberal fashion you went far afield hoping no one would notice.

My turn.   :2popcorn:
I will NOT comply.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 02:20:08 am »
And I say if you accept those accusations without review, you are acting like a fool, being lead easily by the nose.   ****sheep****

If you take nothing else from TBR, take a nice slice of healthy skepticism with you.  Never let it go once you find it.

Well, once the inquiry is done, I'm sure we'll get a summary of why or why not they decided to impeach the president. And the president will explain his side as well.

Until then, we wait. But the actions of which he is being accused are impeachable offenses.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 02:23:45 am »

Well, the only question I was asked originally was my age.

To answer you, I'll link you to this:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,378

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:36:58 am by Cyber Liberty »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 02:31:24 am »
Well, once the inquiry is done, I'm sure we'll get a summary of why or why not they decided to impeach the president. And the president will explain his side as well.

Until then, we wait. But the actions of which he is being accused are impeachable offenses.

Will you reject the results of the inquiry?  The other Democrats have yet to accept the results from the last one that didn't go their way, nor the last election.  You keep moving the goalposts.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 02:34:11 am »
Well, the only question I was asked originally was my age.

To answer you, I'll link you to this:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,3781

You linked to a thread that got locked because your premises were shot to death so badly it actually made the readers' minds bleed.  Why'd you have to dredge up that dreck?

@txradioguy lol....Toldja.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:36:04 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 02:37:24 am »
Will you reject the results of the inquiry?  The other Democrats have yet to accept the results from the last one that didn't go their way, nor the last election.  You keep moving the goalposts.

Short answer, yes.

You linked to a thread that got locked because your premises were shot to death so badly it actually made the readers' minds bleed.  Why'd you have to dredge up that dreck?

@txradioguy lol....Toldja.

No one actually ever addressed the OP crimes mentioned.

You locked it for no good reason, really.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2019, 02:39:55 am »
Short answer, yes.

No one actually ever addressed the OP crimes mentioned.

You locked it for no good reason, really.

They were addressed repeatedly, and you just didn't like the responses you got so you just kept repeating yourself.  That stuff pisses me off, because it bores the Members of this forum to tears.
I will NOT comply.