Author Topic: Supreme Court to decide what 'sex' means  (Read 253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Supreme Court to decide what 'sex' means
« on: October 08, 2019, 02:32:02 pm »
October 8, 2019
Supreme Court to decide what 'sex' means
By Tadas Klimas

Back in law school — decades ago — as part of the graduation requirements, one had to write an appellate brief and then argue it before a panel of ersatz judges.  The topics and even the sides of the arguments were assigned.

To save time on behalf of the law profs who were acting as judges, they assigned teams: two to argue one side, two to argue the other.

So I researched the thing.  Even then, I could see that the weight of the decisions were on the other side from the one I'd been assigned.  And I felt myself reaching a conclusion that was in support of the position I'd been assigned.  I hadn't any preconceived notions — I'd never known anything about the issue or even of the deeper clash of legal theories that inspired it.

Indeed, the more I looked at the whole thing, the more I felt the other side of the argument was based on some form of lunacy, something warping the language, and even something dangerous.  Although I felt that only dimly.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/10/supreme_court_to_decide_what_sex_means.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Supreme Court to decide what 'sex' means
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 02:42:21 pm »

It depends on what the meaning of "is" is...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Supreme Court to decide what 'sex' means
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 01:25:22 am »
Justice Thomas has missed at least the first few days of session due to an illness.
I hope he's able to be in on the voting on this one.
If it goes our way, it will at best be 5-4.