Author Topic: I'm terrified at the thought of what government-run health care means for my children  (Read 160 times)

Offline mountaineer

I'm terrified at the thought of what government-run health care means for my children
By Kristan Hawkins
Oct. 6, 2019

During this presidential primary season, “Medicare-for-all” is the euphemism that hides a radical policy agenda playing political cleanup for the negative impacts of ObamaCare.

In the most recent debate, candidates tried to out promise each other with their spin on government-run health care.  By a show of hands, almost all of the Democratic candidates embraced some form government-run health care, which would destroy the private insurance market that serves more than 67 percent of Americans. In January, Sen. Kamala Harris said, “Let’s eliminate all of that. Let’s move on.”

I'm a mom, two of my four children have a lifetime medical condition. I’ve watched how children like mine suffer in other countries with similar government-run health care schemes. And it terrifies me.  ...

A government-run system in which bureaucrats decide how much they will pay – if anything – and what should be covered will result in extreme health care shortages as doctors and services go away when what the government decides it will pay won’t cover actual costs. ...

While money is no object in the current debate, it will be. The government accountants were astoundingly wrong in their assessments of the price tag for ObamaCare, which  pushed many to go without care or to spend exorbitant amounts. After ObamaCare was passed, its “architect,” Jonathan Gruber, mocked “the stupidity of the American voter” for not perceiving how the law hid its true costs.

ObamaCare totaled  $940 billion over a decade and covered nowhere near what "Medicare-for-all" would entail. Reasons reports that “organizations across the ideological spectrum have pegged Bernie Sanders' "Medicare-for-all" at around $32 trillion over 10 years.”  ...
Read more at FOX News
Kristan Hawkins is president of Students for Life of America, with more than 1,220 groups on college, university and high school campuses in all 50 states. I've known her since her college days. Two of her children have cystic fibrosis, and in the editorial she describes how the lovely British health system, as if that should be our model, is denying such children needed medicine.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm terrified at the thought of what government-run health care means for my children

Anyone with more than two functioning brain cells should be terrified of that even if their children have zero health issues currently.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Good point.  We're all fair game for the death panels.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

The VA, now for children.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.