Author Topic: Trump Is Shamelessly Bribing Farmers With Cash Handouts  (Read 216 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Trump Is Shamelessly Bribing Farmers With Cash Handouts
« on: October 05, 2019, 03:00:57 pm »
Farmers have raked in $24.5 billion and counting from the main “bailout” program in President Trump’s aid package to farmers, supposedly intended to mitigate losses due to the disruption caused by his trade war with China. As critics have pointed out, that’s more than twice what taxpayers lost the auto industry bailout in 2009. This is despite the fact that American farmers are, arguably, far more insulated from the impact of China’s tariffs than Chinese companies are of American tariffs.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/02/trump-is-shamelessly-bribing-farmers-with-cash-handouts/?fbclid=IwAR3OW57Oo-rNXTUKorZqplYVHsYAZackgkntzETDf_s0dBt2O3AuvwAek7s#.XZcfiXMQuog.facebook]federalist

He's trying to make up for the impacts of his trade war with China and keep the farmer vote it seems. This is a bigger bailout than what we had for the Auto Industry in 2009.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:11:28 pm by Sanguine »
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump Is Shamelessly Bribing Farmers With Cash Handouts
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 06:31:15 pm »
@OfTheCross

Let me see if I understand this,ok?

Are you accusing Trump of acting like a politician?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 06:45:20 pm »
@OfTheCross

Let me see if I understand this,ok?

Are you accusing Trump of acting like a politician?

Ha. I had the same thought when I read the headline of this article. I didn't see the point in complaining about who gets the handouts, since all politicians give handouts.

But the author makes a real case that this is worse and more costly than some in the recent past.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 07:25:56 pm »
From the beginning, we've been told the tariff war would have some hurtful parts. So, these kinds of things are happening BUT....I'm not saying it's good. Some "experts" have said the tariffs are not targeting the right parts of China's economy, Why should tariffs hurt farmers when we should be targeting electronics say, made in China.  It's complex and beyond me however, I do believe the experts who say, we can do it now or the lives of our children and grandchildren will be mortgaged up.  It's their futures that will be hurt. Complex matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 07:33:18 pm »

It's complex and beyond me however, I do believe the experts who say, we can do it now or the lives of our children and grandchildren will be mortgaged up.  It's their futures that will be hurt. Complex matter.

@TomSea

I agree. If we DON't do it now,it will be too late to even try 4 years from now.

We barely have an America left as it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!