Author Topic: L.A. Paid $1.3 Billion In Taxpayer Money To Illegal Aliens Via Welfare  (Read 684 times)

rangerrebew

L.A. Paid $1.3 Billion In Taxpayer Money To Illegal Aliens Via Welfare

September 30, 2019
    By Joseph Curl

No wonder Los Angeles can’t handle its homeless problem.

Los Angeles County paid nearly $1.3 billion in welfare money during 2015 and 2016 to families of illegal aliens. That number amounts to one-​quarter of the total spent on the county’s entire needy population, according to Fox News.

In 2015, more than 58,000 families received $602 million in benefits. The next year, some 64,000 families received $675 million.

The sanctuary county of Los Angeles draws foreigners who enter the United States illegally and now has the largest concentration of any county ​in the nation, according to a study from the Migration Policy Institute. ​Illegal aliens in the county are allowed to receive welfare and food stamp benefits.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/l-a-p...ns-via-welfare

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: L.A. Paid $1.3 Billion In Taxpayer Money To Illegal Aliens Via Welfare
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:00:39 pm »
Fishrrman fearless prediction:
Nothing will get better there.
Things will only grow progressively worse over time.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 11:07:56 pm »

I ain't gonna bet you. The world will be literally collapsing around their ears due to their policies and the progressives will never admit they were wrong or change a thing. It'll always be our fault.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 11:51:44 pm »
L.A. Paid $1.3 Billion In Taxpayer Money To Illegal Aliens Via Welfare

September 30, 2019
    By Joseph Curl

No wonder Los Angeles can’t handle its homeless problem.

Los Angeles County paid nearly $1.3 billion in welfare money during 2015 and 2016 to families of illegal aliens. That number amounts to one-​quarter of the total spent on the county’s entire needy population, according to Fox News.

@rangerrebew

That is a  LOT of money. Are you sure it was their money and not federal money?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 11:57:06 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_California_Proposition_187

That doesn't really answer the question.

California claims they are sufficient enough to be their own country.

But how long can that last without federal backing?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 12:35:31 am »

@bigheadfred

30 minutes. Do I win anything?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 01:15:02 am »

I was furious, when Reagan signed Amnesty in 1986.

Soon thereafter voters passed 187.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_California_Proposition_187

And that was the beginning, of the decline of the GOP.

If a near diety of the GOP and conservatism could enact Amnesty, why give a hoot for them?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 01:27:09 am »

Since my point in providing the link wasn't obvious from reading the article ... sigh ...

California voters passed an initiative that forbade illegals from receiving social program bennies. The Ninth Circuit District and Appeals Court ruled it unconstitutional, and then newly elected Governor Gray Davis refused to appeal it.

In short, the voters of California tried to end this abuse of social programs - unlike any other state, AFAIK - and our politicians and Federal Courts betrayed us. So if you don't like LA spending taxpayer $$ giving social program bennies to illegals, they and every other city in the Ninth Circuit are forbidden by court decision to withhold social program bennies from illegals. And even though that initiative was passed some 25 years ago, I have not heard of another state that has tried, in any form, what California's voters passed.

[rant] If you can't tell, I voted for Proposition 187 and am still pissed. I also voted to remove Gray Davis from office, but NOT for Arnold, another thing I'm still pissed about, specifically the R Party Mo-o-o-o-o-o-oderates who stroked Arnold's ego so as to keep a real conservative, Tom McClintock, out of the Governor's office. [/rant]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 01:34:04 am »
@bigheadfred

30 minutes. Do I win anything?

Free tickets to the donkey show in Lost Angeles.  Make sure you are up to date on your vaccinations to third world shitholes. Take plenty of TP.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 01:41:44 am »
It is already worse over time. SF and LA are no better than any average third world country. Shit everywhere. Shanty towns and vagrants everywhere. Constant threat of violence walking down the street. It is like walking through downtown Ecuador.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 01:41:51 am »
Since my point in providing the link wasn't obvious from reading the article ... sigh ...

California voters passed an initiative that forbade illegals from receiving social program bennies. The Ninth Circuit District and Appeals Court ruled it unconstitutional, and then newly elected Governor Gray Davis refused to appeal it.

In short, the voters of California tried to end this abuse of social programs - unlike any other state, AFAIK - and our politicians and Federal Courts betrayed us. So if you don't like LA spending taxpayer $$ giving social program bennies to illegals, they and every other city in the Ninth Circuit are forbidden by court decision to withhold social program bennies from illegals. And even though that initiative was passed some 25 years ago, I have not heard of another state that has tried, in any form, what California's voters passed.

[rant] If you can't tell, I voted for Proposition 187 and am still pissed. I also voted to remove Gray Davis from office, but NOT for Arnold, another thing I'm still pissed about, specifically the R Party Mo-o-o-o-o-o-oderates who stroked Arnold's ego so as to keep a real conservative, Tom McClintock, out of the Governor's office. [/rant]

No, I get what was tried. Yes, I get the ninth circus over ruled. That is their way.

I don't know what other states have tried.

My question is simple. Can California survive without federal backing?

I do know my brother went in and had an interview when he fell in hard times a number of years back . The Spicanic woman told him they didn't have assistance for people like him. She said people like him should have a job. Idaho.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 01:50:55 am by bigheadfred »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 05:28:36 pm »
My question is simple. Can California survive without federal backing?

"Federal backing" is not a very precise phrase, but if you mean could California be an independent country, realistically, no. Not because of lack of industry and agriculture, but because of monstrous debt at all levels of government compounded by the need for a full-time military, a Coast Guard, and other stuff nations need. A fiscally healthy state would be strained to bring all those functions into existence, but a fiscally unhealthy state like California (or NY, or IL, or CN, or ...) couldn't do it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 06:16:01 pm »
California is one of the states, which send more money to DC, than they get back--according to rankings.

Ironically California's problems started when Reagan signed HIS Amnesty !!

While you all "true conservatives" search for your perfect candidates (often including utter 3rd party kooks, btw) the dems win.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 11:19:53 pm »
"Federal backing" is not a very precise phrase, but if you mean could California be an independent country, realistically, no. Not because of lack of industry and agriculture, but because of monstrous debt at all levels of government compounded by the need for a full-time military, a Coast Guard, and other stuff nations need. A fiscally healthy state would be strained to bring all those functions into existence, but a fiscally unhealthy state like California (or NY, or IL, or CN, or ...) couldn't do it.

@PeteS in CA

Not to worry. China NEEDS ports on the left coast so they can unload the junk there they sell here.

Of course,with a change in management comes a change in the rules,and with the Chi-coms in charge,there IS going to be a painful adjustment period.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 11:23:24 pm »
California is one of the states, which send more money to DC, than they get back--according to rankings.

Ironically California's problems started when Reagan signed HIS Amnesty !!

While you all "true conservatives" search for your perfect candidates (often including utter 3rd party kooks, btw) the dems win.

@truth_seeker

You must be under 50. Why not seek the truth before you babble this nonsense. Reagan wanted to shut down the borders to illegals,and couldn't do it without Dim votes. The Dims promised him they would agree to seal the border if he would agree to amnesty or the ones already working and living here,and he agreed. He signed the amnesty,and the Dims refused to keep their end of the bargain.

This was back when politicians could make deals with each other and keep their word.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 11:32:19 pm »
Pete wrote:
"A fiscally healthy state would be strained to bring all those functions into existence, but a fiscally unhealthy state like California (or NY, or IL, or CN, or ...) couldn't do it."

They would make a deal with some other nation to help provide such things.
- Mexico
- China
- take your pick

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2019, 12:02:32 am »
Pete wrote:
"A fiscally healthy state would be strained to bring all those functions into existence, but a fiscally unhealthy state like California (or NY, or IL, or CN, or ...) couldn't do it."

They would make a deal with some other nation to help provide such things.
- Mexico
- China
- take your pick

@Fishrrman

Maybe even America,if they would agree to act like Americans?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2019, 12:56:35 am »
@Fishrrman

Maybe even America,if they would agree to act like Americans?

I have a problem with one word in your post."act"

It isn't an act