Author Topic: Who wants to leave California? Young voters can’t afford housing, and conservatives feel alienated  (Read 799 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Just over half of California’s registered voters have considered leaving the state, with soaring housing costs cited as the most common reason for wanting to move, according to a new poll.

Young voters were especially likely to cite unaffordable housing as a reason for leaving, according to the latest latest UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies poll conducted for the Los Angeles Times. But a different group, conservatives, also frequently suggested they wanted to leave — and for a very different reason: They feel alienated from the state’s political culture.

Republicans and conservative voters were nearly three times as likely to have seriously considered moving as their Democratic or liberal counterparts — 40% compared with 14%, the poll found. The conservative voters mentioned taxes and California’s political climate as a reason for leaving more frequently than they cited housing.

“If the people who are giving serious consideration for leaving are indeed going to follow through, the state will continue to get bluer and bluer,” said Mark DiCamillo, the director of the Berkeley IGS poll. “That has huge political implications.”
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-09-27/who-wants-to-leave-california-berkeley-igs-poll
Citizens voting with their feet.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DB

After growing up/spending 48 years there I did. Took my business out of Silicon Valley with me.

The state has gone insane.

After growing up/spending 48 years there I did. Took my business out of Silicon Valley with me.

I hope you landed well on your feet.

I also left the state, and the Fortune 500 company I worked for shortly afterwards did the same.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

It surely has. But I plan on staying. The leftist nutters can go.

Offline PeteS in CA

My previous employer had been in the SF Bay Area since the mid-1930s. The building in which I worked might have been that old as well. In my last couple of years there they realized that, "You will have to live 1-2 hours away and will probably never be able to afford a house in Silicon Valley," was not a great recruiting message to newly graduated EEs. So over a year and a half time period they moved some of the operations to a division to Pennsylvania and the rest to Torrance, CA. I started a new job - still in Silicon Valley - about 4 months after that announcement.

I think things will be OK for me career-wise for the rest of my lifetime (or until I decide to move away), but long-term I think Silicon Valley companies will have to limit their operations in Silicon Valley to their highest value functions and highest paid employees. And I expect some companies in tight competitive markets will have to move out of the valley entirely, and probably out of California because of how business-hostile the state government is.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Roughly 5 million people left California in the last decade.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/databases/article32679753.html

I wonder how many Congressional seats California will lose after the next census?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:44:52 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »