Author Topic: Gilmer becomes the sixth and largest Texas town to ban abortions within city limits  (Read 746 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Texas Right to Life on September 24, 2019

Gilmer City Council voted to declare the East Texas town a Safe Haven for the Unborn on Tuesday, September 24.  In a 4-1 vote, the city passed the ordinance, which bans abortions at all stages within city limits and prohibits abortion businesses from setting up shop within the town.

Gilmer is now the sixth city in Texas to pass such an ordinance, following in the footsteps of Waskom in June and Omaha and Naples earlier this month.  With a population of nearly 5,000, Gilmer became the largest Texas jurisdiction to take such a stand for Life.

Pro-Life Texans across the state, disappointed with Texas House leadership’s failure to protect preborn children during the recent Regular Session of the 86th Texas Legislature, are standing up to protect their preborn neighbors by introducing these local ordinances.

More: https://www.texasrighttolife.com/gilmer-becomes-the-sixth-and-largest-texas-town-to-ban-abortions-within-city-limits/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Like banning alcohol, some places just choose to do what is moral and right and give up the tax revenue.

I think I'll plan a visit to Gilmer, as it has been a long time since I was there.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

Like banning alcohol, some places just choose to do what is moral and right and give up the tax revenue.

I think I'll plan a visit to Gilmer, as it has been a long time since I was there.

When football season is over, I think I'll journey to Gilmer as well. My oldest son was married in Henderson a few weeks ago, it's about an hour south of Gilmer. There's a winery I know of in Pittsburg, about 15 miles from Gilmer: Los Pinos Ranch, they also have a tasting room in Fredericksburg.

The rehearsal dinner was held at Sal's Pizza in Henderson. The service was so good, my nephew offered jobs on the spot to the waitstaff...he's the manager of a restaurant in San Francisco.

My side of the family flew in from Reno and SF for the occasion. Although they were here only a few days, they received a good intro to Texas: Dealey Plaza/Sixth Floor Museum, Sonny Bryan's (the original in Dallas), small town hospitality in Henderson, and of course, Buc-ee's.   :rolling:

They'll be back...Gruene is on my sister's bucket list, San Antonio is on my BIL's list. I've got that trip all planned out for them. Depending on time, 1-2 days in Fredericksburg, stop in Gruene along the way to SA, two days in San Antonio: Alamo, Riverwalk, Mi Tierra's. I'd love to retire to Fredericksburg, but that would be too far away from kids and grandson.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

When football season is over, I think I'll journey to Gilmer as well. My oldest son was married in Henderson a few weeks ago, it's about an hour south of Gilmer. There's a winery I know of in Pittsburg, about 15 miles from Gilmer: Los Pinos Ranch, they also have a tasting room in Fredericksburg.

The rehearsal dinner was held at Sal's Pizza in Henderson. The service was so good, my nephew offered jobs on the spot to the waitstaff...he's the manager of a restaurant in San Francisco.

My side of the family flew in from Reno and SF for the occasion. Although they were here only a few days, they received a good intro to Texas: Dealey Plaza/Sixth Floor Museum, Sonny Bryan's (the original in Dallas), small town hospitality in Henderson, and of course, Buc-ee's.   :rolling:

They'll be back...Gruene is on my sister's bucket list, San Antonio is on my BIL's list. I've got that trip all planned out for them. Depending on time, 1-2 days in Fredericksburg, stop in Gruene along the way to SA, two days in San Antonio: Alamo, Riverwalk, Mi Tierra's. I'd love to retire to Fredericksburg, but that would be too far away from kids and grandson.
Isn't it nice to be retired so we can choose what we can enjoy?

That nephew of yours must be a go-getter if he makes job offers in SF to small town waiters in Texas.

If that Pizza place is that good, I might have to visit Henderson once again.  Last time was to see my wife's aunt who is homebound now.

And while in Fredericksburg if you have not visited the museum as yet (something tells me you have), I highly recommend the War of the Pacific museum.  One of the best 5 museums I have ever been to in the world. You will not be disappointed.

And for road travel never knock Buc-ee's.  It has the cleanest restrooms you can find and anything your heart desires for snacks including jerky and Kolaches.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

Isn't it nice to be retired so we can choose what we can enjoy?

That nephew of yours must be a go-getter if he makes job offers in SF to small town waiters in Texas.

If that Pizza place is that good, I might have to visit Henderson once again.  Last time was to see my wife's aunt who is homebound now.

And while in Fredericksburg if you have not visited the museum as yet (something tells me you have), I highly recommend the War of the Pacific museum.  One of the best 5 museums I have ever been to in the world. You will not be disappointed.

And for road travel never knock Buc-ee's.  It has the cleanest restrooms you can find and anything your heart desires for snacks including jerky and Kolaches.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Yes, I've been to the War of the Pacific museum, IIRC 3 times. It's a great museum, and they seem to add improvements with each passing year.

Buc-ee's is a Texas treasure.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Yes, I've been to the War of the Pacific museum, IIRC 3 times. It's a great museum, and they seem to add improvements with each passing year.

Buc-ee's is a Texas treasure.
  Just twice for me.  Went about 4 years ago after a lapse of maybe 5 years and noticed some changes too.  Seems they are going a bit PC to me and were not as critical of Japan as in the past.

And hard to believe there are small versions of Buc-ee's around in places like Eagle Lake and El Campo that are similar in size to a typical gas station.  Not like this

@Night Hides Not
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:12:48 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online Hoodat

By Texas Right to Life on September 24, 2019

Gilmer City Council voted to declare the East Texas town a Safe Haven for the Unborn on Tuesday, September 24.

Back at you, liberals.  Gilmer is now officially a 'Sancuary City' (for the Unborn).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-