Author Topic: Ex-McCain, Romney adviser tells MSNBC '30 GOP senators' would impeach Trump in secret ballot  (Read 218 times)

Offline libertybele

It's bad enough that we have the MSM lying and promoting false accusations and fake news, but we have RINO's willing to participate in the same!!   9999hair out0000

Ex-McCain, Romney adviser tells MSNBC '30 GOP senators' would impeach Trump in secret ballot

A longtime GOP political consultant made a stunning claim on Wednesday that "30" Republican senators would vote to impeach President Trump if there was a secret ballot.

Mike Murphy, a former advisor to John McCain and Mitt Romney, appeared on MSNBC and began by claiming that Trump's alleged misconduct was "much clearer" in the transcript of the president's conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky than the Mueller report and that a direct "quid pro quo" wasn't necessary, calling it a "classic shakedown."

"I'm telling you -- these Senate Republicans, should the Democrats vote impeachment… are going to be pinned down to a yes-no answer,” Murphy told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. “And if they provide cover for Donald Trump for this, a clear violation of his role as president, we’re going to lose Colorado with Cory Gardner. We’re going to lose Maine with Susan Collins. We’re going to lose Arizona with Martha McSally. And the Democrats will put the Senate very much in play.”............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ex-mccain-romney-adviser-tells-msnbc-30-gop-senators-would-impeach-trump-in-secret-ballot
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't trust this person's word.  Might there be a few? I am not sure, maybe.

Offline libertybele

I don't trust this person's word.  Might there be a few? I am not sure, maybe.

Yes, perhaps take what he's saying with a grain of salt, but through this all, so far, only Graham in the Senate is speaking out on behalf of the President and calling for an investigation into the Biden's.  Meanwhile I was surprised at how many Senators voted the other day against the wall including, Paul.  Lee has turned RINO.  It is becoming obvious that the RINO's are growing in number, or perhaps they are finally showing their true colors.

If impeachment proceedings move to the Senate, I don't think we can count on the GOP Senators to save him for impeachment.  After all Roberts will act as the jury.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The only secret ballot I care about is in November of 2020.   

What is outrageous is that the elites and the chattering class want to deny the will of the People.   And that verdict is scheduled to be rendered in only a year's time.   So what this is coming down to for a lot of us - certainly for me - is this isn't about Trump.   It's about an affront to the Peoples' right of self-governance.   First the Dems attempted a coup.   And now they're attempting impeachment,  with the election only a year away. 

Well, excuse me,  but Trump was duly elected,  and he will be duly re-elected, or defeated,  by my vote and the votes of millions of others.   May this nation be torn apart before that future - our sacred right -  be denied to us. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ex-McCain, Romney adviser tells MSNBC '30 GOP senators' would impeach Trump in secret ballot

Very likely this guy:

Mitt Romney adviser sits on Burisma board of directors
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien