Author Topic: A Moscow man went for a run hours before a protest. Police arrested him and broke his leg. We identi  (Read 169 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A Moscow man went for a run hours before a protest. Police arrested him and broke his leg. We identified the officer who did it.
3:11 pm, September 18, 2019
Source: Meduza

On July 27, three hours before protesters swept Moscow’s Tverskaya Street to demand fair elections, Constantine Konovalov was going on a run when he was unexpectedly arrested. Police officers knocked the professional designer onto the curb of a sidewalk, and one officer stepped onto his calves in such a way that Konovalov broke his right leg. At Moscow’s Hospital Number 67, the young man was diagnosed with a “closed internal tibial spine fracture.”

Konovalov’s arrest was caught on camera. He posted a photograph of the incident on Twitter the following day.

“Oh, look! It’s me after a 5 km run! Maybe this is the moment they broke my leg against the curb? If anyone can find any other photos of my arrest, I’ll be grateful. There should also be shots out there of how they knocked me off the sidewalk onto Tverskaya.”

Read more at: https://meduza.io/en/feature/2019/09/18/a-moscow-man-went-for-a-run-hours-before-a-protest-police-arrested-him-and-broke-his-leg-we-identified-the-officer-who-did-it

A story to stash away, a bit lengthy.