Author Topic: Bill Kristol: Mitt Romney Has Helped Reassure Pelosi There Is Republican Support For Impeachment in  (Read 272 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Bill Kristol: Mitt Romney Has Helped Reassure Pelosi There Is Republican Support For Impeachment in Senate
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date September 23, 2019

Bill Kristol excitedly reports the prospect that Sen. Mitt Romney's criticism of President Trump's call with the Ukrainian president may result in House and Senate Republicans supporting impeachment.

"I think this statement by DeLauro is very important," Kristol said of a key Pelosi ally calling for the impeachment of Trump. "That signals to me I think where Nancy Pelosi is going."

"I think Romney has helped reassure maybe Speaker Pelosi that there is the possibility of Republican support. Maybe in the House. Incidentally, maybe in the Senate. If you take Romney's statement seriously, he is not just saying maybe the House should impeach. He is sort of saying maybe as a Senate Republican he would vote to convict. And suddenly if you have a couple more Republicans even sound somewhat like that, the notion that this is a purely partisan maneuver, there will be no Republican in the Senate who will even take it seriously that goes away."

Kristol also lamented that Trump's call with the Ukrainian president didn't take place a year ago while former special counsel Robert Mueller was probing the president's relationship with Russia.

more
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/09/23/bill_kristol_mitt_romney_has_helped_reassure_pelosi_there_is_republican_support_for_impeachment_in_senate.html?fbclid=IwAR1ki2TGSUop6ne1aptoKIF-uWA45GNcV3Jn9zcnKGLmHh5QVWkbWqOGbGY
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Is Romney that kind of deluded? Or are some R Senators trolling him?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline conservativevoter

Probably both.  Hey - it's the only way Romney can get himself in the news.   :silly:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Probably both.  Hey - it's the only way Romney can get himself in the news.   :silly:

Billy Boy loves him some Mittens.  They are brohs.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I would expect to see much more of Bill Kristol, Mitt Romney, Jeff Flake and perhaps a guest visitation from the ghost of John McCain on MSNBC during the next few weeks.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I would expect to see much more of Bill Kristol, Mitt Romney, Jeff Flake and perhaps a guest visitation from the ghost of John McCain on MSNBC during the next few weeks.

Agreed. 

Wonder where McCain's brain transplant recipient has been ...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Agreed. 

Wonder where McCain's brain transplant recipient has been ...

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

This comes as no surprise.  I know Limbaugh and others are making light of all of this, but I don't believe Pelosi would have risked her reputation or the chances of the DEMS winning in 2020 if she didn't think impeachment of Trump was a sure bet.

They only need 2/3 of the Senate to vote for impeachment.  Secondly, I don't trust Pence, never have. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
We had 2 straight elections where GOP nominees who were both highly unlikable OR whose authenticity could be challenged, 2008, 2012...a real breakdown and then, 2016 came and really, we had a number of outstanding candidates or at least, highly competent.

Rick in 2012, did say a lot of the right things and he was honest and sincere,  it just wasn't the right circumstances for him losing by such a big margin in 2008.

Mitt's disappointing big time again, I guess, there is a bit of feud with Trump.