Author Topic: Trump admin to resume deferred deportation for critically ill  (Read 220 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump admin to resume deferred deportation for critically ill
« on: September 20, 2019, 04:24:27 am »
Trump admin to resume deferred deportation for critically ill

Jeanine Santucci, USA TODAY 5 hrs ago

Whistleblower complaint about Trump involves Ukraine, sources say

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced on Thursday that it will at least consider halting deportation proceedings against migrants who are receiving critical medical treatment in the United States.

Last month, the Trump administration drew widespread condemnation when it said officials would not consider a migrants’ medical condition when making deportation decisions.

But after receiving harsh criticism from Democrats and immigration rights activists, the administration changed course, saying it would reopen about 400 cases and determine, on a case by case basis, whether critically ill migrants will be allowed to stay in the U.S.

"At the direction of Acting Secretary McAleenan, USCIS is resuming its consideration of non-military deferred action requests on a discretionary, case-by-case basis, except as otherwise required by an applicable statute, regulation, or court order," an agency spokesperson told USA TODAY.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-admin-to-resume-deferred-deportation-for-critically-ill/ar-AAHyeMp?ocid=spartanntp

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: Trump admin to resume deferred deportation for critically ill
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 05:16:33 am »
I think everyone can sympathize with people who are ill.  Nobody wants to see anyone go without treatment.  But again who is paying for this?  Does this go back to the Democrats socialized medicine is a basic human right?  Because there are Americans that cannot afford treatments while illegal immigrants are soaking up their medical treatments at the expense of the American Taxpayer.  I say that if the Democrats want these people to continue to receive treatments it shouldn't be on the taxpayer.  Perhaps they can sponsor their medical treatments themselves.  Nancy will you take on the burden of Dialysis, Chemo...……..etc?  Or are we expected to incur the cost?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: Trump admin to resume deferred deportation for critically ill
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 05:26:58 am »
When The Cost Of Care Triggers A Medical Deportation

In an emergency, hospitals, by law, must treat any patient in the U.S. until he or she is stabilized, regardless of the patient's immigration status or ability to pay.
Yet, when it comes time for the hospitals to discharge these patients, the same standard doesn't apply.
Though hospitals are legally obligated to find suitable places to discharge patients (for example, to their homes, rehabilitation facilities or nursing homes), their insurance status makes all the difference.
Several years ago I began caring for a man who'd been in our hospital for more than three months. He was in his 50s and had suffered a stroke. Half his body was paralyzed and he couldn't swallow food. After weeks of intensive physical, occupational and speech therapy, he regained his abilities to eat, drink and walk with only minimal help. But he still wasn't well enough to live on his own, prepare food or even get to the toilet by himself.
Ideally, we would have discharged him from the hospital to a rehabilitation facility so he could continue therapy and make more progress toward his prestroke state.

But our plan faced insurmountable barriers. First off, the patient was an immigrant who had entered the country illegally. Second, he didn't have insurance.

Because he lacked health coverage, no other facility would accept him. His immigration status meant that we couldn't find an outside charity that would cover the costs of his care or pay for insurance.

Our comparatively expensive acute care hospital was therefore compelled to hold him — with the meter running. After another month, it began to seem that he'd become a permanent resident of our hospital ward.
"Could he go back to Mexico?" our case manager asked.

We were startled. No one on my team had ever experienced a situation like this, so we began researching the possibility. As it turned out, it's a murky legal and ethical area that drew some public attention after an expose in The New York Times in 2008.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/04/09/473358504/when-the-cost-of-care-triggers-a-medical-deportation

During the summer invasion I saw people coming in by wheelchair.  They are coming sick.  Boy that's some kind of preexisting medical deal for illegal immigrants.