Author Topic: Trump leans away from striking Iran: ‘How did going in Iraq work out?’  (Read 500 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump leans away from striking Iran: ‘How did going in Iraq work out?’
by Jamie McIntyre
 | September 19, 2019 07:44 AM

‘ACT OF WAR,’ NOW WHAT?: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo stated the obvious yesterday, referring to last week’s drone and cruise missile attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil infrastructure as “an act of war.” Generally speaking, any time one country deliberately targets and bombs another, it is considered an act of war.

But five days after the attack, there is no clarity about whether Iran will be blamed directly, what will be done about it, and who will do it. Pompeo spoke to reporters en route to Saudi Arabia to consult with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman about “deterring,” not attacking, Iran.

“We are working to build out a coalition to develop a plan to deter them. And this is what needs to happen,” Pompeo said.

MORE SANCTIONS: As Pompeo was in Saudi Arabia conferring with the crown prince, President Trump was announcing more economic pressure on Tehran. “We’ll be adding some very significant sanctions onto Iran. … We’ll be announcing it over the next 48 hours,” Trump said and then added his standard disclaimer: “We’ll see what happens.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/trump-leans-away-from-striking-iran-how-did-going-in-iraq-work-out
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hummm! If I were planning to do something would I tell the media I was planning to do it?  I don't think so.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I didn't expect the Rand Paul effect to crop up so soon.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hummm! If I were planning to do something would I tell the media I was planning to do it?  I don't think so.
Amazing. That was exactly my first thought too. What would I say if I was planning a strike?

This isn't Imam Hussein Obama. Trump is not going to notify the Muslims weeks in advance exactly what America is planning to do, when, where, how many troops, everything. That doesn't happen anymore under Trump.

Trump and his administration does not, "Stand with the Muslims", as Hussein Obama did.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Nah, doubt it.  He's having a little disagreement with Lindsey Graham over the issue.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Amazing. That was exactly my first thought too. What would I say if I was planning a strike?

This isn't Imam Hussein Obama. Trump is not going to notify the Muslims weeks in advance exactly what America is planning to do, when, where, how many troops, everything. That doesn't happen anymore under Trump.

Trump and his administration does not, "Stand with the Muslims", as Hussein Obama did.

Well you haven't been reading the news too much.  Trump was going to have to Taliban to Camp David.  And he was considering easing the sanctions on Iran according the French Presidents plans.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

Some here would rather you think that Bolton was the problem as opposed to part of the solution.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Some here would rather you think that Bolton was the problem as opposed to part of the solution.

That's some kind of office.  Not even a spot for that poor plant.  Maybe it was the storage closet converted.

Online corbe

I'm sure most Briefers got the movie reference @Chosen Daughter but I'm equally certain that no one caught the analogy of the 'stapler guy' bailing everyone out of a Federal 'pound me' sentence.  I'd much rather have Gen. Kelly there right now to further his quest to get Jared and Ivanka out of the President's ear.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

I'm sure most Briefers got the movie reference @Chosen Daughter but I'm equally certain that no one caught the analogy of the 'stapler guy' bailing everyone out of a Federal 'pound me' sentence.  I'd much rather have Gen. Kelly there right now to further his quest to get Jared and Ivanka out of the President's ear.

A movie classic!

Offline Chosen Daughter

Never saw it if you can believe that.  But I didn't take it seriously and figured it was photo shopped.

Offline Absalom

So how did Iraq work out?
It didn't and for a simple reason.
IT WAS THE WRONG TARGET!!!
Our mortal enemy in the Middle East has
been Iran since the fall of Shah Reza Pahlavi!!!
But Buffoon Bush was POTUS and the rest is history.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So how did Iraq work out?
It didn't and for a simple reason.
IT WAS THE WRONG TARGET!!!
Our mortal enemy in the Middle East has
been Iran since the fall of Shah Reza Pahlavi!!!

:yowsa: :amen:  :amen:  :amen:  :amen: :amen:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

Never saw it if you can believe that.  But I didn't take it seriously and figured it was photo shopped.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/