Author Topic: Trump says he's ordering new sanctions on Iran  (Read 250 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump says he's ordering new sanctions on Iran
« on: September 18, 2019, 01:32:05 pm »
Washington (CNN) — President Donald Trump said Wednesday he's ordered new sanctions on Iran, the latest escalation in tensions between the two countries following the attack over the weekend on Saudi oil facilities.

"I have just instructed the Secretary of the Treasury to substantially increase Sanctions on the country of Iran!" Trump wrote on Twitter. It wasn't immediately clear to whom the sanctions would apply.

Trump has yet to definitively state that Iran was behind the attack on the Saudi oil facilities, but others in his administration have pinned blame on Tehran, which has denied involvement.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/18/politics/donald-trump-iran-sanctions-treasury/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump says he's ordering new sanctions on Iran
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 01:49:51 pm »
I admit to having mixed feelings about this whole issue. The part of my mind that still thinks I am in the Army says " Cool! Let the Muslims fight it out and kill each other off! Win/win for the west!"

The part of my mind that thinks strategically tells me,"Doing that could end up being a VERY bad thing because imagine what dealing with Islam would be with all of Arabia being ruled by ONE Royal Family,answerable to no one but themselves."

No,they couldn't defeat any First World Nation using military force,but just imagine the destruction they could do to the economies of other nations that have no oil reserves if they were to decide on their own to shut down oil production and shipments world-wide until everyone agrees to kiss their asses. To save our own economy,we would have to start furnishing allies with oil from our strategic reserves.

Meanwhile,Russia would step into the chasm and start providing oil to 2nd and 3rd world nations in exchange for the rights to military bases there,as well as cash and "sweetheart" trade deals that include voting with Russia in the UN.

China could be counted on to start seizing other Asian nations,putting pressure on Japan,Australia,New Zealand,and of course,Taiwan.

I'm sure there are other horrors that haven't even occurred to me yet.

Nope,no matter how good it would FEEL to slap Iran down,Saudi Arabia taking over control of all Arabia is NOT a good thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!