Author Topic: New York attorneys subpoena for eight years of Trump tax returns: Report  (Read 263 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New York attorneys subpoena for eight years of Trump tax returns: Report
By Olivia Beavers - 09/16/19 03:23 PM EDT

Attorneys in Manhattan are reportedly escalating their efforts to obtain eight years of President Trump's tax returns as part of their investigation his involvement into hush money payments, subpoenaing Trump's accounting firm for both personal and corporate tax filings.

State prosecutors from Manhattan district attorney’s office issued the order late last month in what has become a sprawling effort to obtain the president's financial records, The New York Times reported Monday.

The office is investigating Trump's role in making to Stormy Daniels, who has claimed to have received payments for her silence after having an affair with Trump, during the 2016 election. Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen paid Daniels off, Cohen has testified, and received a reimbursement from Trump and his company.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/461617-new-york-attorneys-subpoena-for-eight-years-of-trump-tax-returns-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline OfTheCross

Re: New York attorneys subpoena for eight years of Trump tax returns: Report
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:31:35 pm »
New York attorneys subpoena for eight years of Trump tax returns: Report
By Olivia Beavers - 09/16/19 03:23 PM EDT

Attorneys in Manhattan are reportedly escalating their efforts to obtain eight years of President Trump's tax returns as part of their investigation his involvement into hush money payments, subpoenaing Trump's accounting firm for both personal and corporate tax filings.

State prosecutors from Manhattan district attorney’s office issued the order late last month in what has become a sprawling effort to obtain the president's financial records, The New York Times reported Monday.

The office is investigating Trump's role in making to Stormy Daniels, who has claimed to have received payments for her silence after having an affair with Trump, during the 2016 election. Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen paid Daniels off, Cohen has testified, and received a reimbursement from Trump and his company.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/461617-new-york-attorneys-subpoena-for-eight-years-of-trump-tax-returns-report

How likely are they to actually obtain them and for them to go public, though?

Also, all this cause he had an affair with Stormy Daniels? Seems a little much.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:17:22 pm »
Ummmmmm, how are these relevant to the supposed investigation? The supposed event they are supposedly investigating happened  - if it did - in one year, not eight. They really should camouflage their baseless fishing expeditions better.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:34:29 pm »
I'm sure I'm mistaken and someone will correct me...but the IRS isn't able to go back historically for more than 7 years is it?

If that is not the case, I may need to recalibrate, lol.  Of course, I'm a paper rat so it probably won't matter.

Online corbe

Manhattan DA subpoenas Trump tax returns
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 01:36:38 am »
Manhattan DA subpoenas Trump tax returns

Marta Dhanis By Marta Dhanis | Fox News

NEW YORK CITY – Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr.'s office has subpoenaed tax returns belonging to President Trump and the Trump Organization through their accounting firm, Fox News confirmed Monday.

Jennifer Farrington, the chief marketing officer for the accounting firm Mazars USA, which has represented both Trump and the Trump Organization, told Fox News, “We have received a subpoena,” though she wouldn’t give specifics.

In a statement, Mazars says the firm will “respect the legal process and fully comply with its legal obligations.” The company added: “We believe strongly in the ethical and professional rules and regulations that govern our industry, our work and our client interactions. As a matter of firm policy and professional rules, we do not comment on the work we conduct for our clients.”

<..snip..>

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-personal-business-tax-returns-subpoenaed-manhattan-da
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 01:47:24 am »
I'm sure I'm mistaken and someone will correct me...but the IRS isn't able to go back historically for more than 7 years is it?

If that is not the case, I may need to recalibrate, lol.  Of course, I'm a paper rat so it probably won't matter.

Yes, 7 years seems to be the max in most cases.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/how-long-should-i-keep-records
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 02:13:51 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 11:37:53 am »

indeed. everyone in public office should release their taxes
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.