Author Topic: Lindsey Graham Says U.S. Should Consider Iran Attack That Would 'Break Regime's Back'  (Read 352 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Wall Street Journal called this attack on the Aramco facilities the "big one", Senator Graham says:

Lindsey Graham Says U.S. Should Consider Iran Attack That Would 'Break Regime's Back'

[HuffPost]Mary Papenfuss   HuffPost 14 September 2019

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Saturday that it’s time for the U.S. to weigh an attack on Iranian oil refineries if the nation continues its “provocations.” He warned that such a raid would “break the regime’s back.”

Graham raised the possibility of U.S. military action following drone attacks early Saturday on a massive oil field and the world’s largest oil producing facility in Saudi Arabia that disrupted 50% of Saudi oil output — and 5% of the global supply.

Yemen’s Houthi rebels have taken responsibility for the bombings amid a war led by the Saudis against the Iranian-backed Houthis. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Saturday that Iran was responsible.

Read more at: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/lindsey-graham-iran-attack-oil-refineries-saudi-arabia-000153398.html

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Go to war with Iran because they attacked Saudi with a drone?  I don't think so, Senator.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

Attacking Iran because the world's oil supply is being threatened? I think that's the reasoning.  We went to Kuwait for similar reasons.

And we might call these airstrikes on Iranian oil facilities, going to war? I guess you could call it that.

We've certainly made airstrikes against specific targets before.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:11:33 am by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Attacking Iran because the world's oil supply is being threatened? I think that's the reasoning.  We went to Kuwait for similar reasons.

And we might call these airstrikes on Iranian oil facilities, going to war? I guess you could call it that.

We've certainly made airstrikes against specific targets before.

I can see that point.  Sooner or later, Iran needs some, I would rather it not be because they did that damage to Saudi Arabia.  Seems to me the Sauds have weapons...why does it fall to the US to solve?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

I can see that point.  Sooner or later, Iran needs some, I would rather it not be because they did that damage to Saudi Arabia.  Seems to me the Sauds have weapons...why does it fall to the US to solve?

That's a good point. Well, we know Lindsay but reading the fine print, I'd say Lindsay is leaving some leeway by saying, if this stuff keeps happening.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's a good point. Well, we know Lindsay but reading the fine print, I'd say Lindsay is leaving some leeway by saying, if this stuff keeps happening.

Well, he's correct to draw attention to what's going on between SA and Iran.  There's a very troublesome tension going on there.  Very close to open warfare.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

I know some people say what Ben Rhodes is saying, "Houthis are not Iran" BUT ... where do the Houthis get their weapons? Has to be Iran.

Ben Rhodes
@brhodes
The Houthis are not the same as Iran and the Saudis are fighting a war against them in Yemen. This is an incredibly dumb, dishonest and dangerous thing to say.

Secretary Pompeo
@SecPompeo
 Â· 7h
Tehran is behind nearly 100 attacks on Saudi Arabia while Rouhani and Zarif pretend to engage in diplomacy. Amid all the calls for de-escalation, Iran has now launched an unprecedented attack on the world’s energy supply.  There is no evidence the attacks came from Yemen.

https://twitter.com/brhodes/status/1172970423635648514

Ben Rhodes, heavyweight in the Obama administration.

Matthew Brodsky retorts:

Matthew RJ Brodsky
@RJBrodsky
Replying to
@brhodes
Snake oil merchant has thoughts on stuff.
💭

🐍
6:52 PM · Sep 14, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/RJBrodsky/status/1173021826324279296

Rasha Al Aqeedi
@RashaAlAqeedi
·
3h
Replying to
@brhodes
There is literally nothing Iran could do that would warrant a condemnation from you.

Wall Street Journal seems to be running an article that yes, the attack is traced back to Iran.