Author Topic: President Trump's Supporters Who Gloat At Mr. Bolton's Unnecessarily Brutal Canning Are No Better Th  (Read 562 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
President Trump's Supporters Who Gloat At Mr. Bolton's Unnecessarily Brutal Canning Are No Better Than The Welfare Queens They Despise - Tsionizm
by Baruch Pletner

We all know that Mr. Bolton is right, that without robust projection of American power there can be no American prosperity, but we pretend otherwise to our great shame

John Bolton

America became what it is today, or at least what it was yesterday, i.e. rich and powerful, by waging what we now recklessly call endless warfare. In this, it was no different than any other rich and powerful country that had ever existed or will ever exist. It started with clearing the better (literally) part of the North American continent from the European colonial powers of Britain, France, and Spain, not to mention of the stone-age tribes we collectively call Native Americans.

In parallel, America, from its very infancy, established itself as a warlike naval empire, aggressively defending its naval interests such as trade and whaling, while aggressively engaging in semi-official piracy known as “privateering” against anyone who was not American.

Like all great empires, America has waged endless conflicts, some larger, some smaller first around its periphery and later everywhere on Planet Earth. These conflicts received various names such as the Truman Doctrine and Gunboat Diplomacy, two world wars, the War of 1812, the Spanish War, North Korea, Vietnam, and finally the various wars and low-level conflicts in the Middle East. None of this is remotely remarkable because, as already mentioned, this is par for the course for all empires, all nations who are, or aspire to be, rich, powerful, and influential.

Read more at: https://tsionizm.com/opinion/2019/09/10/president-trumps-supporters-who-gloat-at-mr-bostons-unnecessarily-brutal-canning-are-no-better-than-the-welfare-queens-they-despise/

An interesting take, I'm not sure if I fully agree.  I am not sure Baruch has ever even lived in the USA, he's in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland though, I'm sure he visits periodically.  He immigrated from the former USSR.

Offline skeeter

An interesting take, I'm not sure if I fully agree.  I am not sure Baruch has ever even lived in the USA, he's in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland though, I'm sure he visits periodically.  He immigrated from the former USSR.

To start with, he's full of sh*t, historically speaking. America was relative recluse, as far as the great powers went, up until the very end of the 19th century. We tended to our immediate interests and pretty much restricted those to the western hemisphere.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 07:06:35 pm by skeeter »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
To start with, he's full of sh*t, historically speaking. America was relative recluse, as far as the great powers went, up until the very end of the 19th century. We tended to our immediate interests and pretty much restricted those to the western hemisphere.
Taking only a point of view of an immigrant to Canada, it would be possible to compare how the US and how Canada, treated the natives.

On just that issue, Canada looks to have been the more "humane." But overall, the US became a major world power, and Canada did not.

I consider that he should comment on his homeland in the USSR, his adopted land of Canada, to comment on and to criticize.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:04:56 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Gloating" is usually not good in most circumstances, like this one.  I permitted myself from Schadenfreude when Hillary lost, though.  I'm human.

Bolton is a good guy, but the President needed something else now.  I suspect John Bolton understands this, he's pretty sharp.  He won't be pulling a Scaramucci.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

Skeeter correctly describes the USA as an international recluse, which we clearly were till the Great War.
Then we entered a conflict that was none our damn business and the consequences were fateful;
as it internationalized the focus of our leaders and elites.
As a result, the interests of our people were secondary for the political class except during election years.
No idea what this journo is blathering about!

Offline truth_seeker

Plus this is a fake news approach. I have  seen no "gloating"by supporters.

Trump stated that when Bolton mouthed off about the Libya solution, whereby Ghadaffie met his end, near the time he was cooperating over weapons, it damaged our standing to negotiate with N. Korea.

Offline skeeter

Taking only a point of view of an immigrant to Canada, it would be possible to compare how the US and how Canada, treated the natives.

On just that issue, Canada looks to have been the more "humane." But overall, the US became a major world power, and Canada did not.

I consider that he should comment on his homeland in the USSR, his adopted land of Canada, to comment on and to criticize.

Canada never had the great western migration we had. Maybe because of the geography, the weather, I dunno - I've never really thought about it.

Perhaps because Canada fell under the influence of GB far longer than we did and GB, always looking for way to cause trouble for the US during the first 100 years of our existence, saw the natives more as their allies. Its an interesting subject.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Trump stated that when Bolton mouthed off about the Libya solution, whereby Ghadaffie met his end, near the time he was cooperating over weapons, it damaged our standing to negotiate with N. Korea.

I like John Bolton, but if it's true that he leaked the Afghanistan peace talk idea, I will have to reexamine if my like is misplaced.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

To some, the "Libyan Lesson" was Hillary's gloating, "I came, I saw, he died (Ha, ha!)," but the correct lesson was when Libya revealed its nuke program without being asked, right after Saddam Hussein was pulled from his rat hole.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I like John Bolton, but if it's true that he leaked the Afghanistan peace talk idea, I will have to reexamine if my like is misplaced.

I think Bolton sabotaged it because he did not agree with it, which is worthy of walking papers.  Disagree all you want, but keep it between the President and yourself and you're Golden, a valued advisor.  Appointees often forget this simple principle.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

A big DITTO
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

Consider a moment.
Great leaders down thru history certainly had confidants but rarely advisers, a modern political fad;
and for a simple reason.
They were self-assured, resolute and wise; and as such had no need of a posse of ass-kissers telling them what to do and when to do it!!!

Offline truth_seeker

Consider a moment.
Great leaders down thru history certainly had confidants but rarely advisers, a modern political fad;
and for a simple reason.
They were self-assured, resolute and wise; and as such had no need of a posse of ass-kissers telling them what to do and when to do it!!!

I'd like to hear about your own modern military training, service experience etc.

Dismissing advisors as "a posse of ass-kissers" doesn't sound like it is based on solid personal experience.

Offline Absalom

I'd like to hear about your own modern military training, service experience etc.
Dismissing advisors as "a posse of ass-kissers" doesn't sound like it is based on solid personal experience.
-------------------------------
You're perceptive, as it's not.
Rather it's based the record of history, namely our performance in foreign
affairs starting w/the Korean War, spanning the 70 years to the present;
involving economic, political as well as military aspects.