Author Topic: Senators want to know why the military bombed 'a bunch of terrorists hiding in the bushes' with the  (Read 311 times)

rangerrebew

Senators want to know why the military bombed 'a bunch of terrorists hiding in the bushes' with the super-expensive F-35
Russ Read, Washington Examiner

The US-led coalition fighting ISIS struck a stronghold for the terrorist group on an island in Iraq on Tuesday, using F-35s and F-15s to drop 80,000 pounds of bombs.

On Thursday, senators asked the nominee for secretary of the Air Force why the service used its most expensive fighter plane in the strikes when cheaper options are available.

Members of the Senate Armed Services Committee want to know why F-35s, which cost $35,000-an-hour each to fly, were used to strike "a bunch of terrorists hiding in the bushes" when cheaper options may have been available.

https://www.businessinsider.com/senators-ask-why-military-used-f35s-against-isis-targets-iraq-2019-9

Offline PeteS in CA

IMO, the USAF's response should have been, "F-Off! The commander in the field made the decision to minimize the risk of losses, minimize the risk of early detection, and maximize the opportunity against so many enemies in a confined area." DC micro-managing war results in manglement and needless US casualties.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe they were the right tool for the job?  I dunno.... :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Exactly. Congress-Critters and government bureaucrats do far more stupid than do military people, as a whole.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline andy58-in-nh

IMO, the USAF's response should have been, "F-Off! The commander in the field made the decision to minimize the risk of losses, minimize the risk of early detection, and maximize the opportunity against so many enemies in a confined area." DC micro-managing war results in manglement and needless US casualties.
That of course is one of the decisions we ought to have learned from Vietnam.
 It’s fascinating that US senators think they are qualified to make strategic military decisions, when they can’t even pass a friggin budget .
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
One of the Senators was Tom Cotton, he is a vet after all and went to an Ivy League school I read the article, $35,000 an hour that plane is in the air. It might be a legitimate concern.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The tools where the ones in the Senate.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
One of the Senators was Tom Cotton, he is a vet after all and went to an Ivy League school I read the article, $35,000 an hour that plane is in the air. It might be a legitimate concern.

He was a ground pounder. WTF would he know about it?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"F-35s, which cost $35,000-an-hour each to fly..."

OK folks, I don't know anything, but here's a Fishrrman fearless prediction:
If we ever get into a REAL war again, it's not going to be won with planes that cost $35,000 per hour to fly.